Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Unsteady

Finally, I am back in my cosy, warm room. I had only one class to attend today, so I spent the rest of the afternoon revising thermodynamics (I have this final paper on Saturday). It was my turn to wash the bathroom and so, I did it with much effort. Glad that the bathroom is now squeaky clean. I was getting ready to clean up all the strands of hair at the corners on the bathroom floor when my friend burst into the bathroom. She asked if I wanted to have some ice-cream. The temptation was strong. I have not eaten ice cream for almost three years now. It was quite a mistake to have a scoop of that sweet chocolate mint ice cream that night. I guess I am pretty addicted to it now.

It was -28 degrees celcius outside when we were having our ice creams. People must have thought we were crazy or something. At this time of the year, all you want is a warm, hot drink ... not ice cream ... haha! But, it was good. It tasted so good.

I was feeling a little tired from last night's (this morning, actually) chat session with my housemates. It was not until yesterday I realized that we rarely sit down together for a casual chat. A few nights ago, we watched Mona Lisa smile together. All four of us. Although I am not in good terms with Grace, but it was not a big deal. Surprisingly, the chat session between the three of us (Grace was not home) lasted from 11pm last night till almost 2 am today. None of us wanted to retreat back to our rooms for sleep or studying and so we ended up babbling for that two hours. It was fun and we did talk about lots of things - food, religion, culture, celebrations, relationships ... I felt glad that I could communicate with my two Canadian housemates. I have learned a lot about the German culture because Jolene is of German descendent. For the past two months or so, Colette rarely came out from her room because she was busy with school. We share the same course lecture and so, once in a while, we talked about how classes and chemistry labs went. However, last night, I discovered that she was equally as crappy and funny as Jolene (now that we talked about stuff other than chemistry labs). They are both very nice girls indeed.

I do not have the mood to do anything now although I am suppoze to study. Tomorrow is the last day of school. I do not know if I should feel happy or worried about it. The last day of school means exams are sitting just by that corner, but it also means that I have completed one term of school. I have another to go before returning home. Speaking of home, I had to change my ticket due to some residence summer storage plane which is only effective until May 2. Originally, I was suppoze to go home on the 5th of May, but now I have to leave before May 2 if I want to pay half of the four-month rent. The date has been changed, but according to the travel agency back home (where mum bought my ticket), I still have to endorse it.

Please, I am not going to travel to somewhere far to look for Cathay Pacific's office just to endorse the ticket (the office is not here in Edmonton). I cannot comprehend the system sometimes. Technology is available to us - so why can I not use it? Hello, we are in the 21st century. There is such a thing called electronic tickets...by the way, mine IS an electronic ticket. Okay, I am ranting for nothing. Whatever. I'll probably have to just wait for an answer from my mum after the travel agent calls her. I'll just have to wait and take it easy. I am not taking things easy now. I am burdened by a lot of disturbing thoughts about money. Now that I think of it, how am I going to earn back the money that my parents allocated for my studies here. I cannot find a job here. I cannot work here. Sometimes, I feel guilty being a child. I do not know how to make my parents happy. I do not know how to be a good girl. Maybe because I am just not a good girl.


about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Freeze me!
  • Procrastination
  • Laundry matters
  • ##th Edition!
  • Psycho-ed
  • Going psycho
  • Disturbed
  • PMS
  • Red Herring
  • Back to basics
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com