Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Back to school

~Love Mum, Dad and Sis always~

Happy New Year!
I'm back in school again. The new year brings new hope for me but at the same time a lost that has left a really big scar in my heart. I made a mistake in believing too much of other people's words and shut off the one most caring soul that touched my life in many ways. I know now... I can never get that person back...

For now, I'm really happy spending time with my family. My holiday at Victoria, Vancouver, B.C was a bliss. Vancouver is such a beautiful city and I'm definitely going there again someday. It's so metropolitan and asian populated that I feel like I'm in another Singapore or KL. I had fun there. We rented a car for convenience. Much was due to the fact that we were tired of walking and the attractions were quite a distance from the hotel that we stayed in. We also went shopping on Boxing Day in Vancouver. It was a real pain trying to get pass the crowd to one shop or one teeny space just to rest and breathe some fresh air. But the sales were really extreme. Everything you want to buy is on sale. I didn't buy anything though. We were just walking around finding our way to the nearest cinema to watch LOTR. Yes, it was worth the money to watch the last of the trilogy. I believe this third movie was the best of it all. I didn't really like the second one. I thought the battle scenes in the third movie were way cooler. And what's with the mountain people that killed all the orcs in just 15 seconds? Whoa. That was a nice ending to the battle at Minas Tirith.

Oo... I forgot all about Victoria, Vancouver Island. We were there for three days and practically covered the whole town and the major attractions like BUtchart Gardens and Craigdarroch Castle. The Gardens in winter is not as beautiful as what you will see in summer where the natural flowers bloom to and bring delight to your heart. The garden was brightly and professionally decorated with lights. In a different setting, it was definitely a sight to behold. The Castle was not one of those big castles you see in Ireland or England. It was more of a home to the wealthiest family in Victoria 100 years ago. HOwever, the castle served as a hospital after the family left the place during World WAr 1. Years later it became the University of Victoria for about 20 years. Now the builiding is still under construction to preserve some parts of the castle that are in ruined. It was a beautiful castle.

WHen we flew back to Edmonton...the weather was quite bad. The temperature dropped to -18 degrees celcius and my family was not used to it at all. The days got even worse with the temperature dropping ot as low as -31 degrees celcius. But it felt nice to be back in Edmonton too. The thought of coming back to school with an exciting adventure awaiting me. Sad enough, my life is going to be so different without...well...it's over I guess, although I really want to start again...after realizing such a terrible mistake I've made...it not only made me feel happier...but it made me feel worse.

So, I brought my family around Edmonton. My dad and I planned where to go and what to do around Edmonton. We covered a lot of places though. The Odyssium (science centre), the provincial museum, West Ed Mall, etc...
Sadly, my family is leaving Canada soon...I really missed them so much and don't want them to go back yet. However, that would be silly because I know that can never happen. Oh well. At least i'm going home for the summer. So that's not so bad.

Now...I shall weep in silence.

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • FAILED
  • Floor Formal 2003
  • Popsicle-Stick Bridge Competition!
  • Halloween Party
  • SEASA party - Drunk!
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com