Friday, December 17, 2004

Brain-drained



I took this snapshot at 8.30 in the morning when the sun was still rising. Pretty, eh? I must say, I have not seen such a beautiful sunrise ever since I came here. I used to think that there is nothing fantastic about the weather (or the sky) here because all it does is snow, snow, snow or blow cold gusts of winds at me. Now, the sun sets at about 3.30 pm everyday. Maybe I will try and take a shot at the sunset from my window.

My head hurts and I don't know why. I hate it when my head hurts. It feels like there is a nerve at the back of my head being stretched, ready to snap at any time (I'll probably be paralyzed by then). I spent the past week cramming in thermodynamics and organic chemistry. Now, my brain is like a saturated mixture of chemistry and physics. Worse, I have to add in math and process analysis into it for my last two final papers next week.

Somehow, I was glad to wake up for an exam today. The fact that another examination was going to be completed got me up and going for it. Well, this paper was most definitely not a relaxing one. I held the examination booklet up and I was like, "Whoa...so thick..." It only had nine questions, but it was about 7 cm thick. Seriously. It was a three-hour paper (and thank god, it was a three-hour examination). The girl next to me left the hall after one hour. I knew she could not do the exam because it was impossible, even for a genius, to finish the paper in one hour. Fortunately, I managed to try every question in the paper. I wrote everything down, whatever I could remember from my cramming study sessions (I wasted about ten engineering papers writing self-notes - oh, but they do look pretty!). I got a 82% for my lab mark, so hopefully, I will do fairly well in this course. So, that's that! Finally, two more left and then I'm freeee...

After the exam, I told myself that I needed a short break. I took a trip downtown to the mall and did some shopping. Everyone is getting ready for Christmas. I saw some pretty plates and bowls. The temptation to splurge was strong, but I withheld it back (I am a sucker for kitchenware, especially mugs).

Funny. I was never attracted to mugs (or cups) before this. I do not know when I developed this liking towards mugs, but since then, I have bought a few pretty cups for myself. Actually, no ... I only bought two (I am going to buy more). My housemate, Jolene, collects coffee mugs. She has really nice ones (and they're really huge too). Also, I bought a Christmas present for Grace. Two weeks ago, I gave Jolene and Colette a Christmas card and a snowflake Christmas ornament each. I did not get one for Grace because we were still not talking to each other at that time. I was deciding whether I should get another present for the other two since we will be having a little get-together this Sunday to open our presents. But, I finally decided not too because I already gave them something, and it is the thought that matters more than anything else. Hopefully, they will not take it as something offensive.

Anyway, there's CSI Miami now on tv...should I go watch it or go back to my books? Maybe I'll just burn the midnight oil tonight...

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Gearing up for Christmas!
  • English? Manglish? Canglish?
  • A bear named Winnie
  • Slapped
  • Thermo was brutal
  • We need to talk
  • Unsteady
  • Freeze me!
  • Procrastination
  • Laundry matters
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com