Sunday, January 16, 2005

My voice got lost in a paper cup...

Much to my dismay, I have lost my voice. The coughing has done no justice. It still tries to kill me every night and every time I lay down to sleep. I went to bed at 5 am this morning. Woke up at 1.30 pm with a weird headache. Ugh. I need to see the doctor on Monday.

It was "Friday" yesterday - a very happy day for university students as it marks the significant weekend ahead. After school, we headed to the chinese supermarket to do our weekly grocery shopping. It was very cold. Edmonton's notorious winter is back to freeze our toes. Fortunately, we have Jonathan to drive us around.

However, right after shopping, there was a misunderstanding between the Chee brothers. It was an awkward moment in the car because talkative Jackie was not saying a single crappy thing. We stopped at the bubble tea restaurant to get our drinks. Jonathan parked the car and we were deciding if we should take-out the drinks or not when Jackie said he saw a liquor store nearby and got out of the car abruptly. Anyway, the girls (including me) had to be the peacemakers for the night and we told the brothers that they needed to talk to each other and settle their personal problems when they get home. I was hoping that Jackie would not be mad the whole night because then our Friday night's fun will go straight down the drain. And, I would be pissed. Jonathan was fine the whole time. It was Jackie that had the temper. Well, I guess he is much older and more matured compared to Jackie. Boys. Siblings.

Sibling rivalry is very common. A friend of mine commented, "Thank God I don't have any siblings. I only have to face fights with my parents." I thought it was a bias statement to say during the peace-making process. Well, even the best of lovers argue, siblings spat and squabble, animals do fight too...(I don't know about worms)...

It is all common. People are young and tempers flare very so often. But then again, it's an individual preference. Personally, I feel that having a sibling is the greatest gift anyone can have. For me, I have had my share of squabbles with my sister. There were many times where we have both wronged one another. Still, we will and always be sisters. She is, after all, the only next closest relative I have. I cannot imagine growing up without my little sister.

Despite all that, I have always wanted an older brother too. Well, of course I knew it was not possible ever since I came into this world, but this thought have always been with me all these years. It has nothing to do with the pushing the responsibility to the eldest, but it was more of the company. It is difficult to explain...the need for a brother.

Anyway, I don't know what happened to yy last night when we went to HCA to play pool, piano and foosball. No idea, but I was getting tired with the whole silent treatment thing. It was good that the brothers were talking and teasing one another already. If not, I would have just stormed out of the place and go back to my room to sleep. .

Still, it was fun. There's more of it to come during reading week! For now, I have to start gearing up for school. Homework is piling up fast and the semester is going to get crazily stressful again.

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Back to school (Winter 2005)
  • I'm hungry again
  • Cold cold cold!
  • Happy New Year!
  • all in a week
  • The Math Chronicles
  • Brain-drained
  • Gearing up for Christmas!
  • English? Manglish? Canglish?
  • A bear named Winnie
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com