Tuesday, December 28, 2004

all in a week

I had lots of fun this week. But I did fall very ill half way through, and the news about the earthquake had me worried sick for my family back home. It was good to know that KL was not badly affected but it was a pity to see what happened at North Sumatra.

Anyway, I'll write about all that happened from day one itself, be it good or bad, funny or lame.

Day 1 - Masquerade party

Yupz. We were all dressed up to the nines for this occasion. I expected a bigger crowd, and a bigger ballroom, but only about 100 over people turned up. The deejay tried hard to entertain the crowd but we were all just a "not sporting" bunch of people. However, my group of friends and I already knew it was going to be quite a boring event (not our kind of "fun") and so, we just took as many photos as we could with our digital cameras. Seriously, nowadays, everyone has a digital camera...

All in all, I would say, it was more of an obligation to turn up because a Malaysian friend of ours, Joyce, is leaving for home in January to continue her studies in IMU. But still, it was nice to meet up with old friends. I'll let the pictures out to please the eye! There's more at My Fotopage. It will be up soon, if Fotopage does not give me problems with the uploading of the photos.


Look at my pretty nails! ^^


Liyana and I


From left: yee ying, me, liyana, (i dunno how to spell his name) & johnathan


From left: Paul (our professional photographer!), me and Will

We left early to have supper at Spicy Garden (because the buffet at the hotel was not that good). Then, somehow, we decided to sleep over at Johnathan's cosy house. He drove us back to get the necessary stuff and brought us back to his place. We actually stayed up till 7 a.m. the next morning. What did we do? Well, the usual stuff - we talked, and watched the movie, National Treasure (it was pretty good), and talked again, played cards until 6 a.m.. In the end, we got hungry, and since it was already six in the morning...we cooked breakfast (Indomee), ate, and went straight to bed.

Day 2 - rest day

We woke up at 12.30 pm. Don't know why we could only sleep for 6 hours, but Johnathan's brother came home that morning and I think he woke most of us up. Okay, I can't remember what we did after that, but basically we decided to stay for the next two days until Boxing Day. Boxing Day is like a nationwide mega sale. Stores open their doors early in the morning and everyone is just grabbing stuff off the shelf (because they're really cheap, especially electronics).

So, after we had planned out everything, Jonathan drove us back home to rest for one night.

Day 3 - extended the slumber party!

Jonathan came to pick us up in the afternoon for grocery shopping. We packed everything that we needed, including our laptops because we planned to play Age of Empires II at his place. We bought food for hotpot for the night and spaghetti for Christmas dinner. Everything was done by 6 p.m. and we headed straight back to prepare our hotpot dinner. And this was our yummy food!





After eating to our heart's content, we set up the game in our computers and played aggressively. I am not an expert at these games, and so is Jonathan and Liana. Therefore, we got bullied a lot by Johnathan's brother, Jacky. He was the pro and was constantly launching his full-scale the attack the whole time...basically, it was a stressful game but fun. We lost track of time and realized that it was 1 a.m. when we decided to quit the game. Still, we slept at five I think by playing all sorts of crappy games and card games.

Day 4 - Sick :(

I fell very ill. I believe it was food poisoning (but I don't know which food caused it). It was really bad. I was so weak that I could barely walk. I also had a slight fever I think, but after much rest and delicious hot soup, I recovered the next day. I still got a chance to taste the yummy spaghetti though! ^^ Thanks to my friends who took care of me while I was sick! I am grateful.

We did play AOE II again...but I was weak and tired, so I could not do much.

Day 5 - Christmas!

We stayed at home because there was nowhere to go. All the malls and shops are closed. So we relaxed, watched crappy movies on tv and made fun of Jacky. Seriously, this guy, he needs to learn how to keep still for one second. He's always making funny moves and dancing to hip hop music or whatever tune he hears...and he does amusing things with soft toys. Also, he talks too much crap. He will explain a whole lot of crap why of this and that. It was a little annoying but he was slammed hard by the girls' sacarsm hehe. Basically, it was funny and, we actually played with the few soft toys...because he started his crappy animal attack on us. Then, we dressed him up with the blankets. Haha. It was just all hillarious.

Also, I forgot to mention. We watched this short clip from Comedy tv. One of them downloaded it off the internet. It was really funny. We laughed till our stomach ached so bad! Haha!

Day 6 - Boxing Day

We were suppoze to wake up early...actually, they did not plan on sleeping at all since we had to wake up at 4 am to rush for items at FutureShop and BestBuy. But, they thought I was still sick and so they did not wake me up. Only Liana, Jonathan and Jacky went. However, we did go to the other stores later during the day. The sales were still on and I bought myself a new pair of slippers, ink catridge for my printer, and Age of Mythology game CD (the one I have been longing to buy). The price went down by almost $40 so it was a good deal :) and it is a cool game!

Again, we were suppoze to return home after that but somehow we decided to stay another night at his place. Jonathan fell sick this time though. He had a viral infection at his throat. Still, we had fun bullying Jacky and keeping ourselves entertained with his ridiculous but funny self.

Day 7 - Home

I guess the boys miss our company. They felt pretty sad that we were returning home. But we had too, it was too tiring for most of us already. His house was actually pretty cold even with the heater turned on. Anyhow, we went to Kingsway Mall and shopped a bit. Had dinner there and then the boys sent us home.

Ahh...I feel comfy in my own room again. Sweet dreams!

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • The Math Chronicles
  • Brain-drained
  • Gearing up for Christmas!
  • English? Manglish? Canglish?
  • A bear named Winnie
  • Slapped
  • Thermo was brutal
  • We need to talk
  • Unsteady
  • Freeze me!
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com