Wednesday, December 22, 2004

The Math Chronicles

I never realized how the subject mathematics has influenced my studying interests. I know of friends who hate math and they cannot deem it as an interesting subject because it seems illogical to them. Now, I would say math deals with lots of logic. Well, don't talk about imaginary numbers. I never liked that; never could understand why somebody came up with it.

I love calculus. My interest for math grew stronger when I stepped into university. I took Calculus I and II (I had a really handsome, French professor!), and currently, I will be sitting for my final paper of Calculus III tomorrow afternoon. Even though I like this subject, I would not say I am an expert in this whole math thing. But somehow, I never fail to sit obediently at my desk to study it. Compare me studying chemistry or psychology to math; you will notice a vast difference.

Almost everyone has left for home. Jolene left yesterday and Colette will be leaving later this afternoon. Her sister, sister's boyfriend, and her boyfriend spent the night here. They will bring her home today. LAst night, there was an argument between Colette's sister and her boyfriend, I think. And, if I am not mistaken, I heard the guy sobbing...oh well, it was an awkward situation - even Grace who was watching her Korean shows in the hall retreated back into her room.

Christmas is approaching fast! And, we finally decided to attend SEASA's Christmas masquerade ball tomorrow evening. We did not plan on going at first because it was not our kind of fun. However, one of our friends, Joyce, will be going back to Malaysia to further her education in IMU. She failed to get into the pharmacy program here thus she has to return home. Therefore, we feel obliged to turn up at the party. It is a formal/semi-formal party. I am fortunate to have a kind housemate who offered to lend me her dress for the night. It fits me pretty well, just that they had to help me pin up the strap a little because the front was a getting too low and loose. All in all, it is pretty. Yay, I don't need to spend a single cent on a new dress, shoes or whatever it is that I need for the occasion. I just bought some black bobby pins because I will be putting my hair up.

I cannot wait for my "stupid", last, math exam to be over tomorrow. Why don't they have it in the morning instead?? Better yet, they should have had it yesterday!! @#$@*! I still have to wait till 2pm tomorrow to sit for the exam... Don't mind me please, everyone else is done with their exams except the engineers. Ugh.


about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Brain-drained
  • Gearing up for Christmas!
  • English? Manglish? Canglish?
  • A bear named Winnie
  • Slapped
  • Thermo was brutal
  • We need to talk
  • Unsteady
  • Freeze me!
  • Procrastination
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com