Friday, February 11, 2005

Break-out!

Sleep deprivation is one of the most common issues I face in varsity life.

This week has been hell already. Next week is going to be worse. All of a sudden, I have everything crashing in on me. Almost everything is due next week, one day after the other, and also midterms in between those days!! Thank goodness Reading Week is right after that. If not, I might end up as a victim of the infamous stress-related suicidal woes in university. Speaking of suicide, I have not heard any recent news from the mouths. Usually, there will be one or two cases like that every year. That is why the university gives us a holiday called Reading Week.

It is technically the second day of CNY here in Canada. Really, it is not a big deal here. I know I can celebrate and welcome the new year in my heart but I did not expect it to be so unjoyful. Well, let's just say the spirit and the mood is zilch. When I greet my friends Happy New Year or in Mandarin, xin nian kuai le, it is as though I have blurted a "damn you" into their faces. And they don't wish back. I mean. Hey. What is going on? It was disappointing until it got to a point where I found it pointless to wish my Chinese friends Happy New Year. They will just go like, "Oh, oh, oh yeah...thank you."

Sheesh.

That was how I spent the 1st day of CNY - Going to classes, meeting friends, wishing them well only to receive back a "slap" in the face, and sitting for a midterm which I could have done better if I studied well for it. Yes, an examination on the first night of CNY. How sad.

But all is not lost. I will be celebrating it with my close friends this weekend. Although I have to study for my midterms next week, I decided to leave the task till Sunday. I can spend the whole day poring into books. It is not that bad actually. If I did not have those annoying homeworks due at the same time, it would be much easier.

Last night, we watched another interesting video in my sociology class - "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus." This video focused on an experiment with 6 different couples based on John Gray's book Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. It was interesting to see how the men's and women's perspective are in terms of romance, marriage life, arguments, understanding, and sex. I know I have learnt a lot from it. Now I understand how my other half feels each time I get so emotional over irrational things. I finally understood how things should work in a relationship now. The reason why we are starting to have these BGR problems is because I expect more affection than what he can give. I just hope I still hold a special place in his heart after all the irritance I have caused him :P

Well, problems are everywhere. There's no perfect bliss in this life.

Back to work.

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Digression
  • 11 hours of school is a pain
  • Those thousands who touched that branded shirt you...
  • High Frequency of Homework
  • Good morning, miss....!
  • Genie
  • How are you today?
  • My voice got lost in a paper cup...
  • Back to school (Winter 2005)
  • I'm hungry again
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com