Monday, April 25, 2005

We Malaysians are Selfish

I guess we all know it in our hearts that the government needs to provide more services for the disabled. But then again, the society just doesn't give a shit about the less fortunate people when it comes to highlighting their own priorities. Is empathy enough? Not when the government can start educating people and build more services for the disabled.

I admire the facilities provided for disabled people here in Canada. Everything, from bus services, subways, washrooms, man...even the waterpark, for God's sake... have you ever seen a disabled person sitting in a wheelchair in Sunway Lagoon?

What more can I say? Malaysia can be labelled as a shame. A country which is considered to be better off than most of the poor, war-torn countries, but cannot provide even a basic convenience for its less fortunate citizens.

I speak the truth - this is one of the many disappointments faced by some of us who care. And this is where, some of us start to lose hope and faith in seeing a better, caring nation.

We speak of equality in terms of race, religion and culture. Fair enough, we are a multi-racial nation. But what about equality for these less fortunate citizens? Not important? Just because they represent the minority of the nation, and they are not pushing for their rights? Just because they are not...capable enough?

Not caring to provide enough for these people already shows that the government could not care less, thus producing societies who view the less fortunate like they do.

A major disappointment.

This is my two cents' worth. Speaking from the heart of a Malaysian citizen who cares.

Realize and make a difference for others and your own life - click the yellow banner below.

blogdemand.png

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • The end of another academic year
  • A nightmare
  • My baby NoHoHon
  • It is time for a "real" change in the Malaysian ed...
  • When maturity brings to you the big picture
  • Need feedback on biochemical engineering!
  • Easter Holidays
  • Mother nature and snow
  • Wisdom or Desire?
  • God must have spent a little less time on me
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com