Tuesday, April 05, 2005

When maturity brings to you the big picture

A few nights ago, I had a late-night chat session with my girlfriends. We sat down and talked over a bowl of grape jello as we reminisced past events.

Despite the troubles and squabbles with friends, we have come to realize that age has caught up with us, bringing upon maturity and a sense of belonging to our own beliefs. It took me a while to realize that I have changed a lot. In this foreign land, my days pass by willingly with the usual routine of school. Learning to be independent has been a great achievement for me. Although I still depend on my parents' money for my education, everything else such as decisions and plans are all of my own. Mistakes that I make are mine alone. I must say, I am proud of what I have learnt during this two years abroad.

We talked about people who have crossed our paths, how they affected us and other related incidents that brought us to either shake our heads with disappointment or smile with acknowledgement. Some have taught us to be patient. Some have brought trouble into our lives. It was a refreshing, long chat.

We also talked about the differences we experienced when we go home to greet our other friends. Personally, I have my own share of experiences, most of which I would not share it here. It is not a big deal because I have been away for a long time and I understand that these changes are expected to arise.

I have concluded that I like student life here better, be it high school or university. As compared to home, the way I have fun and seek excitement here makes me value my teenage life more. In short, I am happy. I realize that back home, clubbing or rave parties are the norm. To me, a short walk down White Avenue with my friends in the new spring weather is fun. Going grocery shopping with friends is fun. Hanging out at the community center and playing table tennis or foozball is fun. Playing badminton with my fellow classmates is fun...

I know I will miss this place dearly even though school is stressful in its own way. I will miss living here on my own. I will miss the freedom of having fun here. New friends, old friends, and trying to understand the Canadian ways of life...it is all part of the experience. And I am glad to have a chance to experience all this. Thank you, mum and dad.

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Need feedback on biochemical engineering!
  • Easter Holidays
  • Mother nature and snow
  • Wisdom or Desire?
  • God must have spent a little less time on me
  • Gila Sudah
  • Another One Day
  • Where did all the crap go?
  • Go home ... no?
  • Abandoned, eh?
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com