Monday, March 07, 2005

Another One Day

As usual, it was busy this week as I pored into books to study for exams. The test I had on Friday was not good. In my opinion, it was a messy and unorganized paper. There were lots of ambiguity and they had to give us an extra 20 minutes to finish the paper. Well, at least, I had a delicious meal at Kelsey's with my friends after the exam.

I could not stay up too late on Friday night because I had a math review session the next morning. Nevertheless, YY and I decided to take a nice walk around campus after my review session. Spring is finally here! The snow is melting, but it is causing a mess everywhere (I hate the slush...).

First, we went to ETLC (Engineering Teaching & Learning Complex). This is where most of my classes are held. It is a relatively new building and so the lecture halls are big and spacious.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Then, we went up to the second floor.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We proceeded to explore the Chemical Engineering Building. Well, it was more of me showing YY around the engineering faculty. I am very familiar with this part of campus. After all, it is where I go to everyday.

There are two new engineering buildings (and I forgot the name of these buildings), but whatever it is...they are very pretty! We could not go inside that new building as it was locked, and so we could only take some pictures from the outside.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

See the equations on the wall? Haha! This is the diffusion concentration equation(I think). And the one above has the "summation of forces equal to zero" equation :P

Then, we went to SUB (Student's Union Building) to have lunch. On the way there, we went to the small, enclosed rainforest in GSB (General Services Building). It really felt warm and humid there - felt like I was back in Malaysia already :P

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There's still some snow around, but bits of green and soil can be seen now. I can't wait till the grass and leaves come back to life!

On our way back, we saw a house situated behind our residence. We have always wondered what it was each time we walked down that path. Since we had much time to spare, we decided to go in and take a look. To our surprise, it was actually a restored home of Alberta's first premier, Alexander Cameron Rutherford and his family. It is known as the Rutherford House; it is also a teahouse. We paid $3.00 to go in and have a look around the house. The house was old and very British-like. The both of us found the study room (library) very nice and authentic...although it was dark and a little eerie. I found the dinning hall pretty eerie...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It was a nice day out. And our little tour inside this house was interesting too. The house was not fantastic, but it was still nice. I bet most of the students here are unaware of the existence of this provincial historic site. I am glad we went in after much curiosity we both had in the past.

Last night, we borrowed video tapes from HCA to watch. Lilo & Stitch was a really nice cartoon and so was Treasure Planet! I really loved Treasure Planet. Really hillarious cartoon. Simple and natural.

Well, well... time to get back to studying...I still have one exam to go on Monday. -_-

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Where did all the crap go?
  • Go home ... no?
  • Abandoned, eh?
  • You kissed me
  • Break-out!
  • Digression
  • 11 hours of school is a pain
  • Those thousands who touched that branded shirt you...
  • High Frequency of Homework
  • Good morning, miss....!
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com