Tuesday, May 10, 2005

My Memory Box

I was reading a short article in a magazine that talked about memory boxes. I started to think of those memorable items that I had kept since my high school years. While waiting for dinner to be served, I went to search for those items. It was a surprise to see them again. Still, I had to discard some stuff away because they were just...plain... junk :P

Flipping through old photographs, and old letters from friends and pen pals reminded me of good old times. Each letter and each photograph had a story behind it. Even with each greeting card, especially birthday cards that I received over the years from different people, has a significant story to tell. Most of them are good memories...to some extent. Before I knew it, I was already organizing my own memory box :) I shall share some of my very special ones here.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is a very sweet letter that I received from Teng in Form 3. Remember or not, Huey Teng? ^^ She is really creative in art. I still have all the letters that we wrote to each other in high school. We would pass each other letters during breaks in between classes. Quite fun, eh? Some may find it silly though. Oh well, we were silly young girls at that time!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This picture here shows my first valentine card. I received it from a guy named Lee Jay when I was studying in CIC, Hamilton. There was also my first rose, and a soft toy dog which was cute but my friend and I named it the SARS dog (it had polka dots all over that made it look like it was infected). I have no idea why we came to that conclusion about the dog, but it was funny. Well, it was not exactly a love note. I would say he wrote a nice message about being friends with me and wanting to know me better. I only read it twice because it was a hassle to unwind it and wind it back again.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is a pretty hand-made paperbag. Actually it is a birthday card from an old friend named Julie Chee. I have not kept in touch with her since I left for Canada. I hope she is doing fine wherever she is now :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is a lovely birthday card I received from a group of brilliant and beautiful girls in my Form 3 class. They must have heard that it was my birthday, and so they made this card for me :) Aneesha, Lela, Li Shun, Mun Yin, Wai Yee, Charlene, Li June...these girls were the loudest in class! But they are beauties with brains ;)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hahaha... Miss Turtle 2002 ... how can I ever forget? I met these few guy friends who were my seniors. We were prefects and somehow we got to be pretty good friends as years passed by. One ding dong boy started naming me "turtle". That is why I call him ding dong boy by the way (some sort of revenge) :P Till now, I am never short of fun and laughter with these bunch of monkeys around :) Glad to have them as friends till today although we rarely get to meet up nowadays.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well, this is it! My memory box. Full of sweet, happy memories. Memories that I will cherish forever. And there will be more to add into this memory box of mine...

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • My model idol
  • Stepping out of the dark
  • The Story
  • A broken heart
  • It's a blue, blue sky
  • We Malaysians are Selfish
  • The end of another academic year
  • A nightmare
  • My baby NoHoHon
  • It is time for a "real" change in the Malaysian ed...
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com