Sunday, May 08, 2005

Stepping out of the dark

I am not dead.

My eyes were pouring sad tears on the night of the break-up, but I was determined for a brand new start the next morning. I knew I wanted to breathe again. And I knew I could.

It is time I learn to accept the real me. I was naive. I thought love was all I needed to have a happy, long-lasting relationship. I was wrong. I thought it was all that could keep two people in love together always. Little did I know that I was disillusioned by the concept of love all this while. In a way, this break-up has made me realized that love is just another unpredictable emotion; it does not stand strong by itself. It changes with time. It changes with wealth. And maybe the weather too, who knows?

I am disappointed with myself for not seeing the bare truth earlier. Even for a realistic person like me, I failed to realize that I was constantly searching and falling for ideal love. In some ways, I still see myself as a foolish girl, who gave her all to one man whom she thought could be the one.

No use crying over spilt milk. I should believe there are many others out there waiting to love and care for me. Things like this change so quickly with time. This is why I have made up my mind to look at love at a different perspective. I should not take things too seriously. I should not live in those ideal dreams anymore. I'm single and I'm loving it so far. There is more excitement out there, just waiting to grab me by the arm to take me on a joy ride I will never forget.

Memories. They will live with me till my last breath in this world. We shared happy times, intimate moments, and depressing truths. I have no major regrets falling blindly in love with him. After all, we did fall in love :) Therefore, it will serve its purpose as a memory.

With each failure in love, I can see now what is Mr. Right for me. Ego exists naturally in a man, but if you really love a woman, you tell her that she is the one. She needs somebody to tell her that it is going to last forever. If a man is too ashamed to date a girl richer than him, he is no man. Then again, in reality, money is everything. It is difficult to find a person who is not concerned about their partner's social and wealth status. I used to be one who did not care. However, that was the old me. It is different now. Reality bites, doesn't it?

Time to move on. I have never felt so young at heart and attractive in my life before. Scars remain but it is time to spread my wings and fly.

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • The Story
  • A broken heart
  • It's a blue, blue sky
  • We Malaysians are Selfish
  • The end of another academic year
  • A nightmare
  • My baby NoHoHon
  • It is time for a "real" change in the Malaysian ed...
  • When maturity brings to you the big picture
  • Need feedback on biochemical engineering!
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com