Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I want to be your friend!

I am wary of girls who try to get extremely close to me when they make my acquaintance. I know they are nice people, but too nice, and too fast is too scary. Seriously.


I have experienced this twice. First, it was my Korean housemate in Canada but that was "old story" because she had some attitude as well. Then, I had to hide myself from my friend's ex-girlfriend (I have yet to talk to her since our last conversation on MSN). I do not mean to be such a bitch, but she does not seem to respect people's privacy. She insisted on calling me to chat (long-distance). She wanted me to spend the weekend overnight at a hotel with her and her friends when she is back in KL. Argh, I have only known this girl for ... how long? Two weeks? Through the internet? I have never seen her face-to-face before!


Friendship is something that comes naturally. It does not require just daily or hourly chit-chatting to become good/best/great friends. They make the move too fast. Therefore, it is hard to build a mutual trust between two people. I can only think of two possibilities for such occurences: 1) they are a little naive and may not be in tune with reality where the sad fact is you can't just instantly be good friends with someone. 2) they are pure hypocrites.


The truth is, she scared me away. Sigh, now for the worse part. I know love can be blind sometimes but in her case, someone really has to knock some sense into her. She is coming to Edmonton with two intentions; to further her studies and to try and get back with my friend.


I am not against those who fight for love. I wish I have the capability to do so but then again, there are many important things to consider. For me, I usually have to let everything go in the end ... .You know those drama shows on TV, where this guy will give up everything to get the girl he loves or vice versa ... basically, stuff like that ... but hey, I am sure you can give up everything, buy a ticket and jump on the next plane to be with him/her, if you are financially stable (not using your parents' money!), right?


Now, this girl here. She met my friend online. They fell in love online. They have NOT seen each other face-to-face (maybe only through pictures). I do not know what happened between them, but the break-up really did hurt her. It was difficult, maybe she really loves him a lot, but seriously ... she has not even seen the real him? All this while, it has been just phone calls and MSN. If I want to be with a guy, I would make sure I get to know enough about him face-to-face to trust that he's the one. I still believe internet dating is ambiguous. For me, it has to be what I see. Observation is the best tool.


I was worried for her. The way she thinks and all her plans about coming to my place to do this and that, with false hopes and all ... I tried advising her, since she asked what I thought, but she didn't register what I said. Yet she kept asking me the same thing over and over, even bothering me at times when I am busy. At least, my friend understands what I am going through with his ex-gf. After my disappearance, she made acquaintance with my other friend. It was not wise of her to make the same fast move because my friend has retreated into her shell.


It is hard for us to tell her off. Perhaps, my friend should do the talking. I think he did, but she still doesn't get it I guess. What are we to do? I just hope that she does not repeat the process when she sees us in university.

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Unrequited
  • Why
  • Metaphoric instinct
  • I've been discovered!
  • Money Matters
  • Something Stupid
  • Take my place.
  • That's Jazz, baby!
  • I'm all out of love
  • A Bout of Sillyness
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com