Thursday, July 14, 2005

Money Matters

I am having trouble sleeping at night. I don't know what is the cause. Perhaps my room is too warm. Perhaps my mind cannot come to a rest. It constantly forces me to think. Is it insomnia? I hope I do not have this disease ... it is so tiring and I feel miserable.


I do wonder how my working life will be in the future. Truthfully, I never knew why I chose to study engineering. Yes, I am quite a big fan of math and physics. Biology is fine but it does not interest me that much. Fortunately, I did not pursue a degree in life sciences. Then again, I feel that this degree is just a tool for success. To gain more status, to gain more money. Yes, money matters a lot to me in a way that I still need it to fulfill my daily needs. But something is still missing.


All this while, I have always wanted to teach, especially children. I have this yearning to see their enthusiasm, the way they get amused by knowledge, and just participating with them in any kind of activity... I guess this is the only clear thought I had since high school. Hopefully, I will get a chance to teach in the future. One day, I will try to make it happen just for my own sake.


Last night, a friend of mine said he felt lonely. I ... sigh

Suddenly, I realized that all this while I have been pretty lonely as well. Even though I have just turned single a few months ago, I realized that I have burdened myself with loneliness for the past two years because of long-distance relationships. Therefore, I feel that being in a long-distance relationship can't get any worse than being single. Oh well, I was a fool to rush into love like that. My feelings were cheated twice. Stupid me.


Currently, I am just feeling lost. I don't know what to do each day I wake up in the morning, or when I try to go to bed at night. Perhaps I should head back to Canada as soon as possible. Not that I am rushing to go back, but I still have a month and a half before I leave on the jetplane. I do not know if I am escaping from something, but I do know that at least I have a job to do there - STUDY. Living on my own and giving myself some quality time will do me good. Even though I feel lonely, and wish there was someone just more than a friend ... I am afraid to commit again.


When they say open your eyes and see if he's the right one before committing, all I can say is - your eyes can never decipher the truth. You will never find anything until you open up your heart. And that's where the risk is.

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Something Stupid
  • Take my place.
  • That's Jazz, baby!
  • I'm all out of love
  • A Bout of Sillyness
  • No more
  • Beady art
  • Don't go stealing a baby
  • Just be there for me
  • Always in love
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com