Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Kawan hmph!

I cannot comprehend how small the air can be and contracting the mind can seem. It is so hard to please people. From now on, I don't give a damn about people's judgement about me anymore. It is just a waste of time - why bother about these hypocrites.

I started working for my Dad today. I just touched up his presentation materials, redraw the diagrams and flowcharts, and checked for spelling errors. At least, I have something to do at home. I never felt this good before - being alone. All this while, I was suffering because loneliness drowned me deep but, I was wrong. Forget it, I am not going to explain it here. I am just tired with everything real that I have been seeing lately.

I went for a swim with Mum and Sis today. The water was really clean and boy, it was definitely a good swim. The evening sun was cool and the water was warm. After we left the pool, more people came to swim. Fortunately, we left early. The children started dominating the pool with their ball and tag-you're-it games. It is really frustrating when that colourful ball with stupid bells inside it hits you right in the face in a middle of a swim. The only form of exercise convenient for me is swimming because the pool is just right below my house. Sadly, rain will prevent me from my daily exercise. I am anticipating my trip to Redang with my sweetheart. Sigh, I miss him so much...

Today's article in the newspaper talked about a very heated discussion of the role of a woman. Chong Seau Ching, a very recognized freelance journalist, who is also one of my idols, has never failed to wisely prove that reality bites, especially when dealing with feminism issues. If you randomly ask people about their impressions about housewives, many would give a certain disapproving look on their faces and say that it is disappointing for a woman to work as a housewife. Sometimes, I wonder if we have gone too far out in fighting for women's rights. Sometimes, I feel that lots of women have developed the wrong perception in believing feminism. Yes, we have come a long way from gender equality but we should never blindly fight for that seat. In my opinion, "working" as a housewife is just as prestigious as being a woman-CEO of a company. Of course, it is every succesful man's dream to have a competent and capable career woman by his side, as well as a good housewife to tend to the family's needs. But ask any housewife, what are the odds of sucessfully juggling both at the same time? To me, there is always two sides to a coin. Despite the fact that there are not-so-good housewives, the perception that all housewives are useless cannot be rendered true just like that. Why do people look down on housewives? It is also just another job a woman takes on. In fact, it is just as heavy a load as the high-ranking manager in a company. It is just as heavy a burden as a king's job to manage the country. The housewife has to clean, look after the kids (education begins at home), look after the husband (so that he doesn't run after some other pretty woman or a more eligible wife), cook (so that the family does not die of hunger) and so on. Howevert, there is more to just cooking and cleaning for a housewife. I think everyone should ponder this for a moment - you should admire the amount of love a housewife puts in to bring the family together, to nurture and children, and to create harmony and peace in the house. The whole perception of women who grasp hold of men-dominated fields to be highly respected women and in turn, discriminate the other role of a woman at home is very wrong. I believe, the real feminism that should lie in every girl's heart, is to be a real, strong woman - a woman who knows her place at home, who is respected by society and by men. The true purpose of feminism is to allow society to realize the WORTH of a WOMAN. It is not for women to acquire that fame, that red carpet, or that big $$$ which makes everyone smile stupidly when they shake hands with you and go "Wah...this woman is really something!". Do you not think that is just another stereotyped remark being made at very succesful women till today? So, what difference does it make in that people have to look down upon housewives? Yes, we women have the capability to succeed in areas that men has dominated since time immemorial. But it is the worth that is important in receiving recognition, baby...it is none other than...a woman's worth...

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Hamsters Ahoy!
  • Where will you be tomorrow?
  • I don't think so...
  • Relationship - courtship - love
  • Sexy!
  • Crowd mania
  • Meow
  • Ring-u
  • What's going on, mate?
  • Abuse
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com