Monday, May 24, 2004

Abuse

~Love Mum, Dad and Sis always~

Abuse. This time a shocking news hits the nation. A case that will be written in history. An abuse that will shame each and every one of us. It is inhumane. Her pictures are in every single newspaper, revealing her inhuman act against a foreign worker - a young girl who only wishes to work for a living. Yet, the poor Indonesian girl lived a nightmarish life when she came to work for a rich, chinese family. We cannot understand why the abuser inflicted such horrific acts on to the servant, Nirmala Bonat, but we do know that no matter what the reason is, she still deserves to face a penalty. Pictures of the wounded worker were also shown in the newspapers and believe me, when I saw it, I felt anger. It is such a shame to see one human causing harm to its own kind. It is just as bad a killing someone but in this case, the physical and mental hurt inflicted on the servant is of no comparison to a murder case. It is in fact, an act WORSE than killing. It is pure EVIL. People were saying it probably happened because of some personal affairs. The abuser, who was a housewife looking after four children aged between eight years and nine months, might have had her own family problems and suffered from depression. Naturally, readers like to make their own comments, speculate among their friends or discuss the reasons behind the abuse. I have heard it could be a cause where the husband's abuser could have cheated or did not care about her and the family. So, the ignored housewife could have unleashed her anger and frustration on the servant. She might even be a little ill upstairs, who knows? Poor thing. The case is still under investigation and I would not want to make any conclusions. She may have been wrong to cause such harm, yet her reasons might be justifiable. Nevertheless, she still needs to face some punishment. I feel that it is fair enough for a punishment as she had caused the servant to lose a body part - her nipples. The sad fact is that her nipples will never grow back. Basically, the servant is scarred for life, physically and mentally. Burn scars on her chest, her back and her face - It is such a pity...I wonder how the Indonesians will take into account after this event. It is a crime yes, but sometimes crimes spells revenge and I definitely hope it would not happen. Shame? Yes, extreme shame - a wealthy, Chinese family has no right to mistreat another human being like that. I wonder if the children ever saw how their mother abused the servant. I wonder how they would they understand what they saw before their eyes.

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Language confusion
  • I am that good friend
  • So much for the fame
  • Toasted!
  • When he loved me...
  • Good ol' mum :)
  • I'm home again!
  • The journey home
  • Cabin Fever
  • Buffalo Chickens?
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com