Monday, May 10, 2004

Good ol' mum :)

~Love Mum, Dad and Sis always~

Today we celebrated Mother's day. Dad is not around so the girls in the family went with mum to One Utama - the magnificently improved shopping complex. It is exciting! Now that I have experienced walking around the new wing, I foresee many more visits to this complex. I love shopping here in my home country. Back in Canada, the fashion is just odd. Probably it is just me. The difference in culture affects the lifestyle of the people and I am pretty sure my cultural roots are still intact. We had a long shopping day with mum today. Sis was not very keen on walking around too much. She gets bored easily when shopping - not her definition of a fun and exciting activity. To me, shopping with mum was never a bore. In fact, mum's taste in fashion is good for me. We like to see the same stuff and although it is tiring, we ladies still finish the job. Jusco had a special give-away today in conjunction with Mother's Day. Pretty carnations were given out free for each receipt that was above RM 50.00. Mum collected three pretty red carnations! We came back at three in the afternoon and did not waste any further time to start unpacking. I finished unpacking the encyclopedias and the abundant storybooks into my sister's room. Technically, it is my room too but I insisted on having my own room. That room of mine is actually a guest room. Very simple - just a bed and two simple cabinets and a desk. My sister's room was designed. It is a very beautiful room. So, we spent the whole afternoon cleaning and unpacking. That is why I could not reply your message, sweetie! *kiss* Then, we went out for dinner with a friend and his family. Yummy! We had crab for dinner! I cannot remember the last time I ate crab. A few minutes ago, I received shocking news from my mum. I felt so angry. In fact, I am still disturbed by it. I wonder how can a child give such cold and cruel treatment towards her mother. Raised with care, whims and fancies always approved, pampered with a mother's love for her child, and yet, in return, no gratitude or respect shown. She is a selfish, self-centered girl who does not know the value of money. When we were young, we used to play together. I still remember how those times the family was still stable and peaceful. There were no big disputes that drew everyone to turn their separate ways. Now, it is only loneliness and pity that surrounds the mother. I felt the sadness when I heard her voice on the phone, asking us if we had dinner already. It is Mother's Day, and the daughter is not around - she is a bad child if she did not call home to wish her mum. The husband is a meandering, selfless, alcoholic fish who is ignoring her. Sigh. I still think that a child should not treat her mother this way even if she is not a good mother or she was the sole reason that brought distress to the child. There are exceptions of course in which mothers disown their own daughters, or threaten to kill them, or any form of hatred that forces a child to ignore his/her mother for good. In most cases, these children have someone else to call a mother. Thinking of it just saddens my heart even more. Moreover, I discovered lots of changes in my family ties. One is not talking to another, the other is backstabbing someone, bla bla bla.... I dare not comment on such political issues embedded within family relationships. It just gets me wondering everytime how some can be so shallow to not understand the importance of family bonds, respect, compromisation, love....At times like this, I just shake my head and do like I always do - pray for harmony and peace in everyone's hearts. Oh well. I have lots of catching up to do with my relatives and friends! I will probably be working for my Dad too. Just to fill up the free time. It would be good work experience for me and I can earn a small income! They say RM 800 is not enough but it is really a lot to me!!

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • I'm home again!
  • The journey home
  • Cabin Fever
  • Buffalo Chickens?
  • Extension?
  • Pack, pack away!
  • One more to go!
  • Overloaded
  • Funny parodies
  • Wrong post
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com