Sunday, May 02, 2004

Cabin Fever

~Love Mum, Dad and Sis always~

*shivers*

I just watched Cabin Fever with my sweetie. We rented a few DVDs - enough movies to entertain us for the next two days. That movie was disturbing - the way the disease got to everyone, the way they died...

Also, it had a weird ending. In fact, I did not understand what the ending was. The last victim did not explained properly how he got the disease and yet he knew it was spreading through the town's reservoir. Unfortunately, after concluding that they cannot handle this kind of situation, the deputy and doctors just dumped him by the riverside to let him rot and die. That showed they did not have much common sense as the river was also the source of water for the people in town. Well, if something like that happens, I guess it would be just as bad as the movie portrayed. My sweetie just told me about a somewhat similar situation in a small, remote town in Canada. It was the Ecoli virus that wiped out almost everyone in that town though. Still, it is scary. A situation like that is so vulnerable, especially when it is contagious through transfer of fluid - sex and drinking water. For one thing, I always boil my drinking water. People here in North America are used to drinking from the taps. I still think it is pretty unsafe. Or maybe it is just the way I was brought up in this sense. Water in Malaysia is like tea, except it is not as healthy as tea. It is of no surprise that we do not drink from the taps back home. Hey, it just got me thinking, where are all the enviromental engineers in Malaysia?

I am pretty happy with myself for composing the bass music chords of this chinese song, which SEASA is going to perform for the cultural night event. It is my first time composing it all by myself without any help from teachers. Back in Hamilton, I remembered having a teacher to teach me the chords first before I made my own improvisation. It is my self-achievement and I am ready to try it with more songs. My next aim - singing and playing the piano. It is hard but I will definitely give it a try.

Four more days to home! Yes, there is excitement...and heldbacks too. Sigh I guess if we are really meant for each other, we will stay true. For I know I am going to just study hard and finish up my degree. No more daydreaming, romanticising, flirting - because I have found my everything and there is nothing else that matters besides getting a degree.

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Buffalo Chickens?
  • Extension?
  • Pack, pack away!
  • One more to go!
  • Overloaded
  • Funny parodies
  • Wrong post
  • A thinking woman
  • Two good jokes
  • Meaningful
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com