Thursday, June 10, 2004

Rose Red

I was watching a thriller movie on Cinemax last night. This time it was interesting and my family decided to skip half of that 8.30 show on Wah Lai Toi to watch Stephen King's: Rose Red. Well, the ghost effects were not too bad but what intrigued me more was the setting of the haunted mansion. It is the most beautiful yet haunting mansion I have ever seen throughout the years of watching haunted house movies. Here is a summary of the plot written by Gizele:

Dr. Joyce Reardon, a psychology professor, leads a team of psychics into the decrepit mansion known as Rose Red. Her efforts unleash the spirit of former owner Ellen Rimbauer and uncover the horrifying secrets of those who lived and died there...


I am still in search of his book entitled The Langoliers. It is a very old book and thus, I doubt I will be able to find it in the bookstores today. I have not tried the new big library which is located somewhere in my neighbourhood. I am too lazy to walk there :p

The recent plight of the 128 excellent STPM graduates who failed to get into medicine in local universities have been tackled wisely by the government. The government should be applauded for having a good sight of the situation by noticing the effects it will hold on the present and the future. It is such a disappointment to hear that some students are forced to study medicine and become doctors by their parents. The perception that doctors earn the most prestige and income has given the wrong guide to young great minds. They are forced to study a field that they are not interested in. Worse, it is a pressure being put forth by family members, which in any case, is hard for a child to escape from lest being the less filial child. It is imperative for students and parents to understand that studying something that you have interest in is very important to the student's life. Furthermore, in this case, the government has proposed to hold an interview and another test for these students to determine whether candidates are eligible to study the program and become good doctors. Why have thousands of smart students to study the program, and in turn, flood the country with doctors who are not willing to give a helping hand to the sickly? All they would care about is the $$$ and fame for doctors have always been a highly distinguished profession. I still remember how my aunts commented on my ambitions when I was young. "You should become a doctor, then can earn lots of money, people will respect you!" . Oh please, I might as well become the prime minister then. I will earn more money and even more fame than a doctor. Such mentality should be thrown away by society. A doctor is someone who can cure the poor and sickly, not a career where you can earn big bucks (although it is reality to say that). Then, the government will suffer as a result of having to pay these ineligible doctors when you have the citizens complaining about poor medical services. I really envy those who can study this field. It takes not only a great mind to suceed 10 years of studying, but also a very strong willpower and emotional/physical health to let go off the abundant pressures that every doctor has to face. So these students should really think properly before stepping into the program. You definitely don't want to regret after 5 years. By then, you have already wasted 5 years of education, in which, you could have studied something that you really like during those years. Think wisely. Choose wisely. It is not all about the money...

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Kawan hmph!
  • Hamsters Ahoy!
  • Where will you be tomorrow?
  • I don't think so...
  • Relationship - courtship - love
  • Sexy!
  • Crowd mania
  • Meow
  • Ring-u
  • What's going on, mate?
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com