Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Reminiscing

It was scorching hot in the late afternoon, but I needed to sink myself in water. I went for a swim down at the pool by myself since someone was lazy to even change into her swimming outfit. Anyway, I have not gone swimming for weeks since my last routined evening swims.


I took a longer route instead of the usual bypass through the carpark. It felt nice to be around the lush trees and the pretty flowers that bloomed so proudly. As I walked along the square garden, many memories of myself as a child came flooding back. When I was nine years old, I used to play with some girls and boys of the same age. How silly. The games that we played, some even made-up by me. I did play with the younger ones as well and usually I would be the lead. We can think of almost anything to play! From picking flowers to imaginary scenes, it was just all there in our minds. I tried to remember how those games worked but in vain. I guess we all do grow up eventually.


It was nice. I had hoped that they cleaned the pool but it seemed a little cloudy. At least, it was not green. And so, I let myself sink lifelessly into the pool. I was glad that there were no other swimmers. It gets on my nerves when children bring their crocodile floats into this big pool and start playing around. At last, I can swim peacefully.


It was a challenge. I used to be a fast swimmer when I was much younger. Yes, I have deteriorated much. The energy is not full anymore. I am old. Also, my sprained ankle which has yet to recover, restrained me from pushing myself to the limit. Therefore, I just took a casual swim.


Then, three young girls came into the pool. I was tired and just lay my head to rest on the sides while observing their child-like behaviour. I remember being once that girl. I do not know if I miss it, but it intrigues me much to see such enthusiasm. They have the least worries and all they do is play. I heard one of the girl asked, "What shall we do(play)?" Then, there was a noisy discussion about the type of water games to play. And I remembered playing every single game they named.


As I walked back home, I saw a teenage girl on rollerblades. When I was her age, nothing stopped me from parading my rollerblades around. I did all sorts of stunts, received quite a number of scars here and there, especially on the knees. Cried a bit but I continued playing still after which I would get reprimanded by my mum for not coming home earlier to fix the wound. Oh yes! I used to climb down into the drains at my condo. My friends and I will go on some sort of adventure along these dirty, deep drains. We broke into this place which was a ... weird room. I can't even remember what it was. Naughty kids we were!


I thought to myself, where did all these boys and girls go after we our big fight? We had a big argument. I remember this guy punching me in the eye too. We were so young, I was naive and I do admit that I said the wrong things. I was mean. I wonder how they are now. What have they been up to lately? How have they been all these years?


But it really isn't as noisy as it used to be during the evenings. I do not see many children around plucking flowers or digging up the soils in the garden. Maybe I have not been around that much to see the new generation here in this condo. I may have abandoned the waterfall at the park for 4 years now. Wow... that place used to be one great playground!


Those were the days. Little girls and boys who just come out to play. I guess I should cherish this part of my childhood. I never want to remember anything before that. Never. But memories will always be there etched forever. Unless it can be erased. Somebody teach me how.

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Why never choose me?
  • I want to be your friend!
  • Unrequited
  • Why
  • Metaphoric instinct
  • I've been discovered!
  • Money Matters
  • Something Stupid
  • Take my place.
  • That's Jazz, baby!
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com