Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Why never choose me?

The following conversation has been edited for viewers' convenience. . .


Friend: One thing I like about my girlfriend ah ... she is very cincai wan.


Me: Oh? Cincai in what sense leh?


Friend: She does not have high expectations lor. For example, she doesn't expect me to bring her out everyday, lavish her with gifts, and pay her bills.


Me: Ohhh ... eh? I also very cincai what. Why you never choose me ah? *nyek nyek nyek*


Me: Just kidding ah :P


Friend: Haha. I know you won't like me wan.


It was an interesting conversation. He is one of my good friends so obviously he knew that I was just teasing him. But what he said was really food for thought. What are girls' expectations in a relationship? What is considered too much and just fair?


In any case, there are sacrifices to be made when commitment comes into the picture. No doubt, love rules everything else after a successful courtship but this changes the daily life for most couples. Some say they prefer being single because they are still young and free to do whatever they wish. And some say it's perfect because they can keep dating until the time is right or when they have found the right companion. Then again, some don't mind commiting. They are willing to give up that "young, free, and single" life to be close to someone.


However, I wonder do all guys really take it as the number-one-burden when dating a girl? Well, to some extent, we are still girls ... I am sure there are plenty of those who know their limits when spending their boyfriend's money :P Maybe there are some girls who put this criteria on their list but what about the spending-quality-time-together?


Absence does make the heart grow fonder. But does it really work for long? Well, maybe seeing each other everyday would be an issue but I guess every two days should be okay, right? Hehehe. Do guys find it such a hassle to bring us out and spend time with us? Well, it just gives the impression that maybe it's all just fooling around. We know it isn't, but somehow our minds register it as that! So weird, eh? Then again, that's the part we girls may never seem to understand. Of course, we know our guys need to concentrate on their careers and they need time to themselves too ... but do we get that irritating and ... demanding?


Hehehe. Here again, I digress too much.


In the end, I guess it depends on each individual's needs. Oh well :)

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • I want to be your friend!
  • Unrequited
  • Why
  • Metaphoric instinct
  • I've been discovered!
  • Money Matters
  • Something Stupid
  • Take my place.
  • That's Jazz, baby!
  • I'm all out of love
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com