Tuesday, January 27, 2004

CNY dinner with MSSA

~Love Mum, Dad and Sis always~

I'm going to be so busy this week that I will hardly see my own hands. LOL what am I talking about...This further proves my stress level which is increasing at a tremendous rate each passing hour. It's sad that my digital camera is broken. I would have taken lots of pictures at the dinner I went to on Saturday and send it to my friends and my family.

SATURDAY January 24...

I woke up early to finish up my homework. I had planned earlier to do as much as I could before attending the CNY dinner. Also, I went downtown to get some new clothes to wear for the occasion. I bought a nice red top and a nice pair of jeans from GAP (actually I bought 2 but I'm going to return one, I was a little off my mind that day...why the heck did I buy two pairs of jeans?).

I volunteered to go earlier to the restaurant with the president of SEASA, Jit, and the vice president, Harry, to help out with whatever setting up they need to do. It was a pretty weird moment when talking to Jit. She didn't seem too interested in having a conversation with me but nevertheless as a form of courtesy asked how I was doing at school.

It felt so much like CNY...the colour red that decorated the stage and the dinner tables were like those typical round, chinese tables. I helped to distribute the flyers of SEASA cultural night (which I won't be able to make it because it's on the 7th of May and I'm going home for my sister's birthday). Soon, the guests started showing up and there was a mild traffic at the entrance. Some of us girls, helped the organizers usher the guests to their tables. It was pretty confusing at first as we were not familiar with the location of the tables (they weren't numbered according to order) but it got bette after a few ushering rounds. The traffic built up really fast and the three of us who were ushering the guests were walking to and fro non-stop.

The organizers appreciated our help very much and seeing us doing a great job, he offered to stand by and let us sit down at the table to get ready for the dinner. I met an uncle who is from Malaysia as well. He's from my hometown, Malacca, but he comes from Batu Berendam, a different part of the state. I didn't expect a lion dance performance that night. When I turned around to find a huge yellow lion standing right behind me, I quickly moved aside to let it pass through and get to the stage. It has been a long time since I've watched a lion dance performance. I was happy to witness this with my own eyes.

Soon, the dinner started and there were a couple of performances. College students were dancing traditional chinese dance. There was a Peruvian dance as well and it was the most interesting performance as the dance was fast and entertaining. Some of us got near and stood behind some tables near the stage to watch them dance. They received a good response from the audience that some people requested a second performance from them. And that's when I got dragged out by one of the dancers to dance on the dancefloor with them. I felt quite embarassed but it was okay I guess...(urgh dancing in front of 300 people?).

It was a fun night as well as a tiring and disappointing one. After the dinner, some of us went to bubble tea to hang out. I was feeling a little tired and upset over some events that happened that night. So, I just watched them play some board games and was forced to join them in the end after noticing my unsual behaviour.

Okay, time for calculus class. Urghh..two meetings today...I'm so tired!

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Chinese New Year Eve
  • Just want to be happy
  • [Engineering Week]
  • Back to school
  • FAILED
  • Floor Formal 2003
  • Popsicle-Stick Bridge Competition!
  • Halloween Party
  • SEASA party - Drunk!
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com