Monday, October 18, 2004

Law and rules

We speak of freedom. In almost everything. We want basic human rights because we want justice in everything. We want fair treatment. Yet, we are still governed by law, are we not? There is no absolute freedom that we can achieve. I am not saying law does restrict our freedom. But think about it, too much freedom can also wreak havoc. It does not take an intelligent, educated, outspoken person to realize this. Law serves only one purpose that is to maintain peace and justice among the people. Criminals are punished according to the law. Not many will go against the punishment even if the criminals had a justified reason for commiting crimes.

If there would be freedom everywhere, there would not be such things as rules. No restrictions. You are entitled to do whatever you want because you have the freedom. You are entitled to speak anything because of freedom in speech. No limits. No boundaries. Just do it.

But is this the world that we live in? I believe not. Question is, will the world improve with absolute freedom, where you can do anything you wish because then nothing is wrong, yet others can also do anything unto you? Or, will the world be in a better place if freedom exists but only to an extent where we are still governed by morality and respect?

No one is born perfect. Not even me or you reading this now. Not even your parents or your lover. Not even your pet hamster. Your pet dog. And because we are not born perfect, we need rules to see that we do not harm one another. That is why there is law and freedom working hand in hand for the betterment of humans.

After recent pressing issues that happened in my blog, I have come to a state where I can no longer respect people who practise freedom of speech without respect. It is brave of those to break through boundaries that limit their intelligence and allow themselves to pour everything to be heard. Is it because this world is known as the "internet" which knows no boundaries - where you can call people sad fucks or a fucking fat humans, ridicule people with sexually disturbing words and where you can say all the "fuck" you want because it is funny and witty? Yeah, I guess. There are no rules around here. Even for this network. As such, it would mean that there is absolute freedom in writing.

I am disappointed. I am disappointed with truth itself. But who never gets hurt by truth? We can go to great lenghts in spreading our voices around this world. We are youths who are intelligent and we have great ambitions. Success is almost at our hands, and we grasp every opportunity quick. Yet, we forget the real world that we are living in. The world bounded by law. The law that teaches us to respect one another with your freedom. Speak if you may! Shout if you wish! Kill if you need to! But do we remember that we are obligated to law for as long as we live?

Reality strikes. I am ridiculed for being stupid. I am ridiculed for being fat. I am ridiculed for looking like a faggot. I read it and I found it to be unfair. I am hurt but I am called a sensitive, childish person who cannot take criticism. Unfair to the fat people. Unfair to the suppressed sex. Unfair to see words lashing out at us, victims of freedom of speech, who are again ridiculed when we stand up to fight it. Criticism loves you or me now?

Yes, in reality, if you do not step on others, others will step on your first. But again, is this the whole argument? Fifteen and nine and one bad egg - none understood the focus of respect in an area not bounded by rules located in the real world we all exists in. Some choose to ignore, some choose to retaliate. This is freedom as well if you want to talk of the definition of freedom. Oh gosh, freedom is everything!

Reality. If we can speak without care, we will be shut right away by those who respect the relationship between law and freedom. If we can speak without care in this network, we will keep shutting each other because no one thinks of respect and thus, we know no respect for others as well.

Understood. Lesson learned. Ignore the smart idiots who think they are loved by all. Amuse the proud asses who think that they are the best and people keep coming back to them for more. Kill those who step on you because I am free to step on them as I like. This is freedom? Yes. This is freedom with rules? I do not think so.

Criticism with respect loves everyone. Relative? You and me. Let us write.

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Rude Bloggers
  • Winter is here!
  • The thing about smart people
  • Banned for PEACE!
  • StressssssS
  • Goodbye, SEASA
  • Simplicity
  • T_T
  • A woman should have...
  • Sunday Blues
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com