Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Poking

I had planned to walk to College Plaza at 8 a.m. but my eyes would not open until a half hour after eight. I was so tired but I forced myself to get out of bed to get this blood test done once and for all.

When I arrived at the centre, I was shocked to see 15 people sitting in the waiting lounge. It was 9.15 a.m. then and I was wondering if I could attend my class at 11 on time. Nevertheless, I waited patiently. I checked once with the nurse how long did I need to wait. I realized I only had to wait half an hour for my turn.

She called my name and brought me to the back where there were three small stations. She asked me to spell my last name and my first name, and asked for my birth of date as well. Then, she said she would have to take two samples of my blood. First, I took out my right arm. She tied an elastic, blue band above the elbow of my arm and asked me to clench my fist tight. After that, she pressed lightly around to find a vein. Well, the first attempt was unsuccesful. I did not dare to look when she poked the needle into my skin. But, I stared with horror when no blood could be retrieved into the receiving tube. And, she kept shifting the needle's position. It was a scary sight. I think she sensed my anxiety and fear because I was basically staring at the needle. Finally, she said, "I don't want to poke around anymore." She took it off, put a cotton over it and asked me to press on it.

The second attempt was made on my left arm. I was praying so hard that blood would be retrieved this time. I don't want her to poke a third time. This time the needle poked painfully but I felt relieved when I saw red liquid flowing into the tube. She apologized for having to poke me two times.

I remembered taking blood tests at Dr. Ng's Klinik Utama. Oh, he was professional. He just rub to feel the position of the vein for one second and then poked the needle really well. I felt no pain at all, and it was all done in 10 seconds. Hehe. He is a really cool doctor :)

Well, I have lots to do today. I have my last midterm tomorrow. After that, I can play all I want during my four-day holiday!! (well...it is not possible because I still have work to do for the weekend)

:)

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • The Passion
  • My Blue Dolphin
  • School blues
  • Drift Away
  • What is the source of my unhappiness?
  • Midterm Week
  • Alone
  • All at once
  • Law and rules
  • Rude Bloggers
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com