Thursday, November 18, 2004

Unibound

Unibound (<---Click!) is a collective blog written by seven university students. They discuss issues dealing with life studying in a foreign country. I recommend it a good read. Do take some time off to visit this site. This is a good example of a well-respected blog where youths put their thoughts into writing ethically. These girls deserve credit for their humble intelligence in writing. Finally, I met a place where people put the internet to good use.

I realized that I am still unfamiliar with MLA-style referencing format. Today, my English teacher spoke of internal referencing and how to write a correct bibliography or works cited list. It was a little too late to change my mistakes on my progress report. Still, I used a pencil to underline my mistakes and wrote a small reminder next to it. Hopefully, she will not deduct marks or decide not to grade my research paper because of those mistakes, particularly if it was a mistake that I should have known after she told the class that we had referencing mistakes in the proposal. Anyway, I would try to write my research paper tonight. Otherwise, I would have three major things to do this weekend - organic chemistry quiz, math assignment (crazy questions) and research essay.

After studying abroad for two years, I wonder of the changes that occured in me. Keeping up with fashion trends had never been a part of my life until I came here. Growing up in Malaysia, I did feel the need to bother about fashion trends but it was mainly because of peers. Fortunately, I have a trendy mother to help me groom and brush away the conservative styles.

That was back then, when I was much younger. I feel that the need to make observations grew to a larger extent after I came here to study. I guess it is not that surprising. After all, I am here by myself. I don't have my mum, the image consultant, to help me decide on what to wear. Most importantly, I am beginning to establish my own sense of style. Nothing very fancy, though. I am a girl who is just comfortable in jeans and tees. I love to wear dresses but I cannot do that here because of the extreme cold weather.

And I do not dress up to look more matured. Yes. That is my standpoint. I do not mean putting make-up or wearing more "adult" clothes is slutty. I do not mean that wearing high heels is showing off. From my point of view, I always think that dressing styles are purely individual, and for me, I like to dress my age. Sometimes, I do get irritated when I am told to wear high heels more often. For christ's sake, I am not working yet. Why should I put on those heels when I am going for a casual outing? I am comfortable in sporty shoes and casual wear. Hello, nineteen years of age? I do not care if any other person wants to dress more matured than me. The only thing that bothers me is how these people comment on others that they should "dress" like them as we are considered childish and not classy. Sheesh. They are, to me, pieces of crap and junk that I would just ignore. Having class is not about dressing like an adult. It is about having your own style, unique and fun.

People here are really good with layers. Due to the cold weather, the fashion here is geared towards long sleeves and the winter stuff. Back home, it is all about wearing the least number of layers on the body. The more revealing, the better it is. I remember my roommate complaining about the weather here day and night because it prevents her from wearing her skimpy tops and short skirts. She left for home after four months. I do not know the exact reason why but I do know that part of it was due to the weather.

There are lots of girls who know how to dress well with different types of layers. I saw a girl today wearing an elbow-length, white-collared shirt as the inner layer, and a baby blue sleeveless shirt on outside, matched with a simple, jeans-clothed coat. It was really simple but unique. Well, I might be the only one who finds it unique but that is because it is my kind of style :P

I love to observe how some people dress here. Not to mention, there are lots of tall, hunky guys who know how to catch a girl's attention with their style of fashion too ;)


about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Letting go
  • I love Sunday mornings
  • The beginning
  • What?
  • Poking
  • The Passion
  • My Blue Dolphin
  • School blues
  • Drift Away
  • What is the source of my unhappiness?
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com