Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Car-less, "A"-less ... hopeless

It is so hard to get around without a car. It is at times like this when I wish Malaysia can provide a better public transportation system like they do in Australia or Canada. I can't even depend on the bus to get anywhere. Not even the taxi (it's dangerous these days for girls to take the cab alone). Plus, they cheat your money. Oh yeah, they make a hole in our pockets. It is such a hassle. For me and for the driver. It is ridiculously inconvenient.

I have to admit this. I am growing tired of life in Malaysia. Don't get me wrong - I love shopping here, and I love the culture and my home. However, seeing that the country is still not fixing things right - no wait, not even trying to recognize the root of the problem, I doubt that I would start my future life on Malaysian soil.

Simple things such as public transportation, education, public services ... have any of us seen progress in these areas? Where has all the money gone to, especially our taxpayers' money?

We need to look to our neighbours public transportation systems. Come on. Look at that and compare it with ours. Need I say more?

Look at the what the education system has produced - students who are spoiled with those prestigious "A"s sketch on their PMR/SPM certificates. Come on, how many others can get those same straight A's? Still, these students are demanding for scholarships to do medicine in England? Yikes, a pampered lot.

I feel like telling these students to go and sit for STPM (A-levels equivalent/Grade 13), get those straight A's, and then talk about a worthy scholarship. If you can prove you are an excellent, all-rounder STPM student, then you are worthy of scholarships from anywhere around the world. NOT SPM 10 or 17 A's achievers, please. Wake up, people. Your A's are not all that great because it is not of recognized standard. And for the love of God, stop demanding where you want to go. Since when did students have the right to choose scholarships? Bloody hell. The world is turning upside down. As if Seoul University in Korea is not good enough. As if the National University of Australia is not good enough for you. In my humble opinion, the only two renown universities are Harvard and Oxford. Don't waste your time, picky sticks. You are not choosing spouses. We should be grabbing any opportunity that is in front of us in education. If you have been given a scholarship, accept it with gratitude. Stop demanding. You are your education not the type of university, not the place. Think of the big picture. Think outside the box.

Public services, oh, where do I start?

No matter how much I complain, no matter how I voice my concerns, it will be of no use. For it will never be put to great use in the development of the nation. Such is the twist of destiny. The human heart is changing. So many crimes. So many wars and disasters. Many are blinded by fanaticism in religion. Many more are becoming selfish of their needs.

There is a time when a hero comes and save us all - a great leader that puts responsibility and care to his nation; a wise minister who will push the nation forward into the realms of discovery and success; a person's faith that will put us on the right path in life. That time, it seems, can only be found in stories. And, we always wonder why can't the world be a better place to live in.

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • What to do?
  • Melbourne 2005
  • Bad Charlotte
  • The Dogs of Babel
  • My Memory Box
  • My model idol
  • Stepping out of the dark
  • The Story
  • A broken heart
  • It's a blue, blue sky
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com