Thursday, July 28, 2005

Science and its manifestations

I just got back from 1u TGV cinema. We were playing pool at first, but somehow we decided abruptly to watch the 10.45 p.m. show - The Island.


The movie is fine. Maybe the ending was sort of the happy-ever-after kind. Nevertheless, no matter how bad the production of a movie is, I believe every movie depicts a scenario whereby lessons in life come into the picture. Wars, destruction, the shadows of humanity, the manifestation of science such as cloning, and gene modification ... is this what humans strive for with each decade? Survival? A higher standard of living? To live longer and to achieve immortality?


Questions exist to be answered, but some always have to be unanswered. Seeing the extent humans can go to survive does give me cold shivers. I am thinking, what if this really happens? the world changes and people start to take other people's lives just to live longer? This is what the movie is all about. Well, it may have been a little confusing at the start, but I reckon it does not put you to sleep. Instead, you stay alert to unfold your doubts during the movie because the secret flows as it gradually creeps to the ending. Not a bad movie to watch if you have watched all other movies. Definitely not the box office quality. It's not like any of Steven Spielberg's well-produced action movies. Just a simple one. With a good reminder to us humans not to take our lives, and other's for granted.

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Reminiscing
  • Why never choose me?
  • I want to be your friend!
  • Unrequited
  • Why
  • Metaphoric instinct
  • I've been discovered!
  • Money Matters
  • Something Stupid
  • Take my place.
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com