Monday, June 21, 2004

Eventful

I was away in my hometown, Malacca, for the past two days. Since I will be away on a holiday starting next week, Mum said it was best that I pay a visit to all my relatives first. I was very happy to see all my uncles and aunts again. It has been a year since I last saw them...I miss my hometown.

For two years, I have been absent during the annual Chinese New Year celebration where everyone gathers for a reunion. Now, for the next four years, I will only reminisce those moments I spent there as a child. I would not be able to celebrate it like I used to do for I would be miles away from home - probably sitting for an exam during that period of time (yuck).

It is during this time where my cousins will bring their newborns and kin along to pay respect to the elders (and to collect "ang pows" ^^). My aunts will sit at the dining table and chatter noisily about all sorts of issues and gossip. My uncles will be relishing their mugs of beer and blowing puffs of smokes as they talk. The little ones will be running around and playing all sorts of mischevious games while the teenagers and younger adults will entertain everyone at their own will, with their famous gambling den. We would play until the wee hours and keep denying that we are a tad bit sleepy. I would be the happiest seeing my cute nephews and nieces :) Sigh, at least I get to visit them when I am back for the holidays. I guess I would just have to miss out on some things now that I am older.

Enough of this emotional talk :P I could cry any moment now (hehe).

The world is not getting any safer and everyone knows that for sure haha. The snatch theives are already terrorizing every woman who walks out of their door. I thought crimes of such are already very rampant in the city but it looks like it is worse at the smaller towns in the suburban areas...

My hometown is a very small town. Anything that happens, be it stupid, evil or interesting, everyone in town sees it right away. And how thoughtful of those idiots to perform their "snatching stunt" for everyone to see...just near the corner of the police station...with much style to entertain everyone for that split second...attacking a woman who was holding her handbag in one hand and carrying a baby in the other....Fortunately, the woman and the baby were not hurt. I would have cursed him to death if anything happened to the baby. I felt so angry after hearing this incident from my aunt who saw the whole thing in front of her shophouse. And whaddya know, there are people using lots of blackmagic to commit their crimes and cruise off easily without getting caught. The other day, my aunt who helps my uncle in managing his motorcycle repair shop, fell victim to this unfortunate trick. The man came in to buy some small items. He paid in cash, but little did my aunt know that that money had some...well...the guy chanted something and my aunt froze - she could not shout at all when he stole all my uncle's expensive drills and tools. My aunt just stood there looking on helplessly for she could not move at all or shout for help! After the guy left on his motorcycle, my aunt shivered and was released from the "spell" but by that time, it was too late. That idiot escaped. It was very unfortunate...

My uncle, who had his shop broken into three times, was talking about his recent bad luck last night during dinner. We were discussing about the possibilities of another break-in and so on. Later that night, in the wee hours of the morning, my uncle was knocking hard on our room door, alerting everyone and getting my dad to follow him to his shop. Another break-in happened and this time, it was an alert from his alarm system, which he just installed two days ago (thank god). Everyone rushed there as soon as they heard the news. My cousin brother followed them in case the theives were of harm. My aunt reported the incident to the police, and I, decided to hop into my aunt's car at 4 am in the morning to check out the interesting situation that took place even though my eyes were burning from the lack of sleep. But damn, the thief got away though. I actually saw a suspect. I mean...our car was passing this small, dark lane where there was someone on a motorcycle waiting for our car to pass so that he can ride out. That idiot was wearing dark sunglasses at 4 am in the morning...and wearing some bloody jeans jacket...I mean...would it not be a suspicious figure? Even so, he actually moved his motorcycle back a little when our car passed by, probably afraid that we would recognize his number plate (but I couldn't because it was too dark). It was a long night...Urgh...I slept at 6 am and woke up late today. But I would say, it was scary when I followed my dad and uncle around while it was dark, and quiet, and not knowing whether the thief was still there - he could be armed for all I know. At that time, the police have not arrived. But they were bloody damn slow too. What the hell took them so long to come to our aid. We could be bludgeoned to death (heaven forbid) if the thieves actually attacked us. I do not believe only one of them came to rob the shop. There was even a car, with four people inside, which was driving really fast but slowed down a little in front of our shop where a few of us were standing guard, and then sped off like some stupid person trying to impersonate Michael Shumaccher (whatever his name is). I pray for my uncle's and the town's safety as well. It ain't going to happen for a while, but these stupid idiots will definitely be back for more.

Sigh...what more can we do?

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Release the clutch!!!!
  • Society is ill
  • I'm lost
  • Fate
  • Rose Red
  • Kawan hmph!
  • Hamsters Ahoy!
  • Where will you be tomorrow?
  • I don't think so...
  • Relationship - courtship - love
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com