Thursday, June 24, 2004

When you meet a "retard", "act" like one too

** Welcome home, sweetheart! *muaks muaks muaks* ^^ I'm glad that you arrived safely :) **


Yesterday, I went on a little shopping spree by myself. I felt like being alone this time. Not that home was not an ideal place to be alone. I just wanted to go out and walk a bit by myself. So, there I was enjoying my own time in 1utama. I realized I cannot buy anything when I am with my friends. I do not know how to describe this feeling but it just gets to me everytime I go out with a friend - not to mention, even my little sister gives me the same problem. But in her case, she would keep asking when are we going home, why must you do this, why this, when that, what the...bla bla bla...basically, she'll keep complaining. Plus, she will get moody as she gets too conscious of her apperance (growing-teens-syndromme). All in all, there would be absolutely no peace for me.

Anyway, after buying all my stuff, I was basically just doing window shopping while waiting for my mum to pick me up. Then, I saw a music CD shop and walked in just to browse through to see if there are any nice chinese albums that I can buy. Suddenly, this guy (I think he is Indian, and he was definitely not Malaysian) came next to me and flip through some of the chinese CDs, pretending to be looking for some chinese song. In my mind, I was wondering, "Errrr...why the hell is he looking at chinese albums?" I began to feel wary about this guy's presence, but just as I was about to move away, he asked me...

Stupid guy: (in his Indian accent) They only sell Malaysian songs?

Me : ? (I acted like I was dumb or something)

Stupid guy: Can you help me choose some songs?

Me : (mumbled) I don't know... (but he didn't hear though, or he did not understand - stupid mar)

Stupid guy: Are you a citizen of Malaysia?

This was when I started to notice more and more people were by my side or just around me...I held my handbag tightly and close to my arms.

Me : (paused for a while) No.

Stupid guy looked around, pretended to flip the albums...and...for some reason, he started smiling alot...

Stupid guy: So....where are you from?

Me: Taiwan (I don't know why the hell I said "Taiwan" but I realized I had to pretend that I didn't understand what he was saying...)

Stupid guy: So... you're here on a holiday?

Me: (paused for a while) Yeah.

Stupid guy: Nice....nice (he kept smiling, and I was freaking out)

(And I walked out of the store as fast as I could, making sure nothing in my handbag was stolen and that guy was not following me. Phew!)

Urgh. I had the feeling that either they were going to steal my stuff or they wanted sex. Not surprising, though. Lots of people have the perception that some foreign asian girls would have sex for money. Hmm...I wondered how would he have reacted if I said I was Malaysian. Urgh, maybe that would be worse. Anyhow, it was pretty scary. I did not expect to encounter this in a shopping mall even when the crowd was large. It is so difficult to have some fun or take a casual walk outside nowadays, especially for girls. We have to constantly be on guard for snatch-thieves, and bloody sex maniacs. I even feel fear whenever I notice any suspicious guy staring at me. Damn retards. Sigh...what's the point then - when will they ever stop? I still cannot shop in peace :(

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Dung beetle
  • Eventful
  • Release the clutch!!!!
  • Society is ill
  • I'm lost
  • Fate
  • Rose Red
  • Kawan hmph!
  • Hamsters Ahoy!
  • Where will you be tomorrow?
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com