Friday, July 30, 2004

Aunt Leelan's visit to KL

Uncle Don, Aunt Leelan and Uncle Ben arrived in KL two days ago. It has been seven years since I last saw them in Rhode Island, US. Uncle Ben certainly has grown tall and big! I remember he was still a little chubby boy when we were playing together in the states. On the first night, we had dinner at Soul'ed out - really cool restaurant/pub at Desa Sri Hartamas. The next day, we took them to KLCC twin towers in the afternoon. We wanted to go up to the bridge at the towers, but we were too late for the tickets were sold out at 10.30 am! That's really too bad. I haven't been up there before too! I know Teng has been up there before. She said she was running with her friends from one end of the bridge to the other like tadika kids playing tag. Awww...I really hope to go there sometime soon! If not, I would just wait till next year when I am back from the summer again.

 

The magnificent twin towers...my cool shot ^^


Uncle Ben with the towers


Later that night, we went to the Thean Hou Temple, a famous chinese temple at downtown KL. The temple was having some sort of celebration. There was a huge revolving lantern, which was specially made to bless the devotees who made generous donations to the temple. Also, there were Buddhist exhibitions outside the temple, decorated with very colourful lights which lighted up the story board of Gautama Buddha's enlightment journey. Very interesting celebration. Then, we paid a visit to one of my grandaunt's relatives nearby. I was told that this relative was very dependent on servants. The wife does not cook or do any housework. The husband knows neither too, as well as their 17-year-old daughter. When I shook hands with the wife...whoa...I was like touching tofu. It was so soft and lembik. Definitely not a housewife's hands.

They are leaving in a few hours back to Singapore. I would love to go back to the states for a holiday, but the only problem is getting that stupid visa.







My bratty sis with that bratty smile


I realized, I have developed unwanted fats over the months in Malaysia. No wonder they say you can never go on a diet during holidays. Sigh...

Finally, I have finished the book, The Firebrand. It was a good book, but the ending was really sad. It told mostly of the daily needs and the desires of women. It is not the story of men and war. But yes, I have learnt that the Trojan war was the war between the Gods, and the city fell from Poseidon's strike. First, it was Aphrodite, the goddess of love and beauty, who created the affair between Paris (King of Troy's son) and beautiful Helen (King Menelaus's wife). Helen was also known to be Aphrodite's daughter and was just as beautiful as the goddess herself (that's why every stupid man there kept fighting for her hand in marriage). Paris was actually married to Oenone, priestess of the River God, Scamander, but because of the love affair, he left Oenone and refused to acknowledge Oenone's son as his own. So, that is where the jealousy begins. Then, there is Apollo Sunlord and the Earth Mother (Great Serpent) and the horny Zeus Thunderer with his very jealous and revengeful wife, Hera. Hera was jealous of Aphrodite's beauty and because most of the people worshipped Aphrodite more, she got angry with the humans and decided that Troy should be punished and fall...sheesh...greek mythology is really scandalous. I cannot imagine how the Gods and Goddesses can be at war with each other for this cause. Worse, they play with the humans using their powers!! I cannot comment further on the Greek gods as I am not very familiar with this subject. However, I would say it is really scandalous...full of jealousy and especially lust. No idea where this came from. Maybe if I had the patience and time, I would like to do some research on it. I would have to admit, it is a little frustrating to see how the Gods tormented the humans with their own disputes up above.

My dad told me that there were many different versions to the Sea God, Poseidon. Some say he rules the sea. Some say he is the Earthshaker. He is known to be a giant, white horse whose stamps on the ground sends earthquakes to the lands on earth. That was how the strong walls of Troy fell to the Akhaian armies. Totally different from what the movie Troy portrayed.

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Sickly :(
  • Not yours to say, it is mine
  • Dreamy day
  • Weird encounters...
  • Ever heard of Sugarladies?
  • World gone dead
  • Trust
  • Rain
  • Jakun reunion
  • I'm back!
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com