Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Jakun reunion

*bit bot bit bot...*

At 6.00am, I woke up with a heavy headache but was forced to crawl to the bathroom to wash up and get ready for my driving test. I was like a zombie...a morning zombie hehe. Anyway, I did not get into a panicky state because I was so tired. As I was getting into my instructor's car, I saw three other familiar faces - my juniors from high school. Hah. Long time no see, really. I remember being utterly disgusted whenever I see them in school. Anyway, that was not the point. They are still the same "plastics" (if you watched Mean Girls, you will know what I mean). There were lots of people taking the test yesterday. The waiting process was very tiring. I waited for almost two hours for my turn to take the road test. I am glad that I took the road test first. I was nervous because my tester was grumpy. If not for the prior help, I would have failed my road test. He was grumbling the whole time that this was so tiring. The engine went dead once because I was intimidated by him. Well, I was stiff and tensed, but the journey back to the center was okay. I passed the parking and the slope test well. All in all, I PASSED!! ...and I am getting my driving license! Yes, no more driving lessons! No more trips to the driving center!!! Muaahhaha...

At 3pm, I met up with Teng. We planned on watching Mean Girls at about 5pm with the rest of our girlfriends but to both our dismay, they decided to meet with us much later...and were not joining us for dinner...poor us... Kwei Li came an hour later and the three of us shopped around for a bit. Well, it was a nostalgic moment for me when everyone arrived. There were nine of us - me, kwei li, teng, hui ling, sherry, qi lian, lynnete, su vian and ganshree...It has been a long time since I last saw them. If I remember clearly, for me, our last meeting was two years ago, and that was when we were still in secondary school (just before SPM I think, last day of school). I felt happy to see them all. We took quite a number of pictures too :P and they were really 'jakun' pictures ehehhe --> Click here!. A few of them left after the movie and the rest of us headed to mamak for a drink. But just before that, Teng wanted to get the tennis shoes that she had been eyeing for quite some time. Most of the shops in the mall were closing but still, we rushed from one sports shop to another to check out the quality and the price between the Adidas and Nike brand. It was hilarious. The six of us were walking from one end to the other but finally decided to return to the first shop that we went...but...because the only size left was the shoe on the display rack, Teng decided not to buy it (not hygenic and clean...imagine hundreds have tried on that shoe before).. The shop assistants were frustrated with us because we were the last customers and they were waiting for us to get out so that they can 'close-shop-and-go-home'. Plus, she did not buy the shoe. As we walked out of the shop, there were two workers who mumbled and grumbled that we did not even buy anything and had to make them wait. Sheesh. Lazy asses. They are paid to serve us customers, okay.

Yup, it was a fun outing, a memorable "jakun" outing. To me, it is like once in a blue moon for us to meet up with everyone and this time we were definitely blessed with an opportunity like yesterday's. I wonder when will we meet again.

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • I'm back!
  • Stop those skates!
  • When you meet a "retard", "act" like one too
  • Dung beetle
  • Eventful
  • Release the clutch!!!!
  • Society is ill
  • I'm lost
  • Fate
  • Rose Red
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com