Saturday, July 10, 2004

I'm back!

I'm back...from everywhere! Well, not quite hehe, but yes, I am home after a long, hectic but fun trip with my sweetheart and his friends. I could not host the pictures on Photobucket because the resolution of the pictures I took was too large and my internet connection is darn slow. So, view the photos HERE if you like ^^

First, we had a day trip around KL. We went to KLCC to see the majestic twin towers and then we walked around for a bit. My sweetheart and I went for a movie. (Now...don't ever watch Chronicles of Riddick...IT IS NOT GOOD...not worth your $$$). After that, the both of us headed to kl downtown to meet our friends at Central Market. It was really tiring with all the walking and the scorching heat. Worse, we waited almost an hour and a half for them and we were dead hungry, my stomach was in much pain. My poor sweetie was so tired that he slept at the cafeteria. Something really weird and dumb happened just right outside Central Market after that. Well, the both of us decided to wait outside Central Market. We were just holding hands and waiting to see if our friends have arrived. On the steps, he was standing one step higher than me. So, he wrapped his arms around my neck for a bit and just gave a quick kiss on my head. It was just a quick gesture to me at least, but somehow this security guard (who was a Malay lady) came over and said, "Sorry, ini pasar budaya. Jadi, you tak boleh...you tahu lar." (Sorry, this is a cultural market. So, you cannot...you know...). Haha, it was really funny though. Well, perhaps at that short moment in time we forgot that we were not in Canada anymore, and that it was an offence to peck a kiss and hug in public here. There was nothing to be embarassed about or feel ashamed. After all, we are not Malays who are supposedly forbidden of these "loving gestures". Nevertheless, it was a little funny - the way she said it, her expression on her face and all. I am just wondering if she would say it to a foreigner and I would love to witness a situation like that. I yearn to learn and see how this reacts :P I still remember that incident a few years back where a couple was fined for holding hands and hugging at the klcc park. Silly...

The next morning, we headed straight down to the Pudu bus station to board the bus to Singapore. The well-rested journey took about 4-5 hours but still, it was scorching hot in Singapore. A friend who studies in Singapore came to our aid by bringing us back to his home for some drinks and rest. It was very nice of him to help plan our four-day-outing and cater to our needs. He seemed very much like a dedicated tour guide :) Nice guy! So, that night, we met up with another friend, who is about 9 years my senior (I don't know her, they're just friends of my sweetheart). She brought us to the Night Safari where we walked the trails and befriended some animals for about 2 hours. We were lucky to see the cheetahs very up-close and the hyenas stared at us as though they were ready to pounce at us any minute. It was a fun experience to walk the trails by ourselves. The safari was excellent in providing a real jungle-like atmosphere. It seemed as though the lions and hyenas could jump across the drain to us but in actual fact, there are high-voltage wires very well camouflaged around them. It was fun but tiring as usual.

We were lucky to have a free place to stay in Singapore. A friend offered us to stay in an apartment which was given to her by the company that she works in. The next day, we went to the Jurong Bird Park (pictures are at the link below). That was fun too BUT it was all spoiled by the sun. How much heat does the sun releases every minute? We were totally drained of all our energy. So, we left early back to the apartment to accomodate our exhausted limbs and minds. My sweetheart decided not to join the rest of his friends for dinner that evening but to have dinner with his older brother who resides in Singapore. So, naturally, I had to go along too :P It was a good acquaintance. I met his brother, the beautiful Japanese wife, and two young adorable (but real naughty) kids. Although we were dead tired, we joined back with the original group later that night to take a walk at the boat quay. We also went to see Singapore's symbol - the Merlion. I actually fell asleep on my sweetheart's lap while we were resting at the benches - embarassing :P

It was only two days and already tiring. I would have to say it was a hectic schedule. In fact, they had planned to go to Sentosa Island the next morning but friends advised us to forego it since we were going to Redang Island which, is more worth the trip. So, we slept in late and relaxed more on the third day. At night, we had dinner at a friend's home who later brought us to see the famous red light district in Singapore - Geylang. I did not realize that there was something different to the even and odd-numbered streets in that area. I forgot which one was it, but you can find those services only at one category (I forgot if it was even-numbered or odd-numbered roads). We saw lots of pretty china girls by the streets and lots of men walking around that area. I even saw this girl dressed in a realy nice black dress, who was adjusting her breasts to fit properly into the dress...well...haha

Anyway, we left on the fourth day all the way up to Ipoh, my sweetheart's home. We took a night bus up and so we arrived very early in the morning at Ipoh and because we were sleepy, we slept some more at my sweetie's place till noon. Wow! Ipoh's "Kai Si Hor Fun" and "Nga Choy Kai" is really really good! Yum Yum ;) That evening, we watched Spidey 2 and oh boy, it was so good! I'm actually watching it again this Sunday with my family.

Then, we drove up to Penang the next day. We stayed at a hotel and met up with another close friend of my sweetie's. So, we spent about a night there, had dinner at Gurney Drive and went to the famous Kek Lok Si Temple the next day. When I was younger, I went there with my family and the bronze statue of the Goddess of Mercy was still under construction. Now, it stands magnificently at the top of the temple. Simply beautiful! After that, we went to KOMTAR (Prangi Mall) for lunch. Wow, that shopping complex is big...but not as big as 1utama of course. It is similar to Sungai Wang Plaza and was so crowded. I could barely breathe in there. Then, I saw this crazy scenario in front of me while walking around - a huge shop of PIRATED VCDs & DVDs!!! Hey, I thought these people were busted. Well, yeah...I can't be so naive to believe that those syndicates actually were gone forever. Seriously, this is no joke - in a shopping mall, taking up two lots, selling all kinds of audio and movei CDs. There is even an area for people to sit down and watch some features...phew! Hehehhe...I myself bought 3 VCDs for RM12 - Mean Girls, Secret Window, and A Tale of Two Sisters (Ghost). Then, off we went back to Ipoh to rest for a night before heading back to KL. At Ipoh, we watched the horror movie that I bought, A Tale of Two Sisters. Well, like all other Korean ghost shows, this was a slow movie. But, like I discussed before - ghost shows that do have interesting and sensible plots turn out to be scarier than those shows which are just out to make you scream. I would recommend it a good watch if you have nothing to do :P

The following day, we woke up early to catch an early flight to Kuala Terengganu. From there, we headed straight to Redang Island. I was a little sea sick at first, but I got better after taking some sweets. I was dumbfounded at the sight of the sea. It was so...BLUE...and crystal clear...when we were about to arrive at the resort, I looked down to the water and I could actually see the bottom and some fishes so clearly! Wow! It was breath-taking!

It was a budget package that we took. Nevertheless, it was worth it. Cheap and accomodative. All meals included, three snorkelling trips and facilities such as karaoke, mahjong, jimrami and night disco. All just for RM 299! (exclusive of airfare) When we arrived, we quickly changed and headed straight to the beach to soak up the sea and bask under the sun. Ouch, I've really got sunburns on my shoulders and arms...:(
I love the trip to the Marine Park...the snorkelling there was ...oh great beyond words can explain! I was afraid to step into the water because my mum actually got bitten when she went snorkelling. Those fishes thought my mum's leg was bread...haha that scared the hell out of me but in the end, it turned out to be pretty okay :) I loved it! I did not go for the last one though because I was too tired. I slept all afternoon till dinner time.

Yeap. That was a real fun trip. I enjoyed the trip to Redang the most. I told my dad that we should all go there again some time. Now, that I am back home...I have to finish up my work! In another month or so, I'll be flying back to Canada. Sigh, it's really so soon...

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Stop those skates!
  • When you meet a "retard", "act" like one too
  • Dung beetle
  • Eventful
  • Release the clutch!!!!
  • Society is ill
  • I'm lost
  • Fate
  • Rose Red
  • Kawan hmph!
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com