Monday, August 09, 2004

Flying Passion

The movie "House of Flying Daggers" was okay. Interesting love affair, interesting kung-fu. But it was a little slow. Without Takeshi Kaneshiro's role, the movie would have been a total bore. Directed by the famous Zhang Yimou, this movie is definitely one of the best showcases of the decade. I have not watched the show, "Hero", which was also directed by him but they say it was just as good. I was wondering if these outstanding kung-fu existed during the ancient times, where the land was ruled by the kings of famous dynasties, and where rebels were always underground plotting to overthrow the government. Each time I stumble across a movie like this on tv, I would watch in awe but at the same time wonder if it is all just ficitional. Still, something always knocks me back to realize that it could not have been fictional because of its written history which, sadly, was burnt by Shih Huang Ti (of some dynasty, I forgot). Thus, it is true that it all existed once upon a time in chinese history. Books that recorded the knowledge were destroyed to wipe out any form of revolution or rebellion in the future. Sigh...I wonder. The dagger part in the show was really impressive. What bothered me was the thought of having modern physics entering our society, constantly inventing new ways to improve our daily living standards, but none have ventured to experiment on these ultimate kung-fu techniques, which, are nonetheless just applying the right amount of force to allow the knife to fly. Or better still, to allow the humans to fly. But they say that requires some sort of qi-gong, some inner chi that we have to practise and bla bla bla...

Anyway, it was worth a watch for me. At least, we have Takeshi in the picture ^^

Just a few minutes ago, my family and I finished watching the "Passion of Christ" (pirated DVD) :P

I would say it was violent, but a good movie. I hate the Romans. They are like animals. But once you think over it again, they are just the same as any other government officials in the old times, who torture for entertainment. Eunuchs were no better than them. But yeah, I saw the old movie once on HBO, and the ending was a little different. I liked the ending of Mel Gibson's production better. And in his show, it looked more realistic. The one I saw on tv featured a different situation when He died after His crucification - black rain fell and balls of fire crashed down to the city.

I feel really up to no good these days. Always feeling tired. Always having these weird emotions surging through me. Blueh. I do not feel good.

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Disturbing thoughts
  • Swimming without rules
  • A present for my one-year-old dooddle ^o^ (edited)
  • Family Outing
  • Don't know what to do
  • Going home
  • Cruel love
  • Aunt Leelan's visit to KL
  • Sickly :(
  • Not yours to say, it is mine
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com