Monday, September 13, 2004

Back to school

Finally, I have some spare time to waste on the computer. Currently, I am blogging from the Hub Community Centre's (HCA) computer lab. I do not have access to the internet in my room yet. Telus assured me that my internet and home phone service would be activated on the 14th of September. Hopefully, it will be because I seem to be a lifeless brain without unlimited access to internet in my room.

Actually, I came down here to use the computer because I have to continue working on my research essay on paints and pigments : titanium dioxide pigment production. I cannot believe my luck. I received five assignments on the first day of school and three of them are due on friday, one the next monday, and the research essay on 7th October. I recognized the surprised faces on other non-engineering students when they saw me doing assignments on the second day of school.

So, I guess I will be blogging about my experience for the past few days. I arrived in Edmonton at 8pm. By the time I reached HUB residence it was already close to 10pm. I stayed over at a friend's place that night. Although I did feel sad leaving home and my sweetheart, I was glad to see my friends again. I received a very warm welcome from them. It was nice to know that I will be leaving very close to my friends in this residence. Lots of my classmates stay nearby too. That gives me the opportunity to get help easily from my intelligent friends in those ever-so-difficult, mind-boggling assignments.

I moved in to my unit the next morning - 8919 3B. It was a four-bedroom apartment. I opened the door to the apartment and found it surprisingly clean. I found my bedroom, which was located downstairs near the kitchen. It was very small and empty as it was unfurnished. I contacted my friend who lived nearby to help me move the bed frames and the mattress that Chien left for me. It was my luck this time - the stuff were kept at his friend's house which was located just right below my unit. So, the moving process was easy. And he helped me assemble the bed.

That afternoon, I went to Ikea with three other friends to buy a study desk and some other useful household items. I hate going to Ikea in Edmonton because it is so far away from university and I have to fork out $$$ for the taxi fare. Most of the desks were out of stock. It was disappointing but I managed to buy the last one on the rack. We called for a van cab to fit all of us and our items in. But the company sent a normal cab over to pick us up. Luckily, the driver was very helpful. He said we would need to wait for another hour for the van cab to come. So, he tried to fit my desk into his trunk, and twined the rope on it so that it will not fall from the boot. Obviously, my desk was too long to fit nicely in. But he offered to help us and we paid him more tips when we got off.

Because the desk was too heavy to be carried, we opened the box and carried the separate parts up to my place. I forgot to mention a book case which I bought for a very cheap price :)

Now, my room is pretty and cosy ^^

I love my room. I will post the pictures up when I have internet access set up.

My housemates are pretty nice people. A korean girl who is majoring in psychology is staying next to my room. Upstairs, there are two Canadian girls, one a first-year in biological sciences and the other is a second-year student who transfered to U of A from Grand Prairie. They are friendly people. We do talk and chat once in a while when we meet in the kitchen. I hope things will stay this good and we will not have to end up in cat fights or anything later throughout the year :P

The weather has been pretty annoying. It isn't suppoze to snow or go below 10 degrees celcius in September !!!

But today's weather was extremely nice. It was a portrayal of a perfect fall season. I went for a walk with Yee Ying around campus this afternoon. I never realized we had such a beautiful university campus ... :)

Well, that pretty much summarizes my jolly good week. School starts tomorrow again and I am already anticipating Friday.

Oh, I forgot to mention about this. There was a guy, two years younger than me, who tried to date me...

It may seem like a normal thing but to me it was pretty unusual because I did not see it coming until I mentioned it to Yee Ying, who was pretty close to this guy and his brother. Well, he is a first-year student in engineering. And since, I met him at Yee Ying's place when he had trouble with his timetable, I asked him if he needed textbooks because I can sell it to him for a cheaper price. I had the shock of my life when Yee Ying told me her observations. I have not been here for more than a week and I already had this prick disturbing me. She helped me shoo him away. I hope he gets the message. I mean, he knows I am attached...but according to my friend, Brunei guys go to extreme measures to get the girl they want. Crazy. Pity me, please.

Sigh. Textbooks are so bloody, idiotic, expensive here. Urgh. I bought a few second hand books like organic chemistry and psychology. But for chemical engineering syllabus, I had to spend $300 over dollars for these books. ARGH!
It is darn expensive! I cannot help thinking that the university is eating up all our pocket money. No one can blame me for having an extreme disgust for the bookstore now :P I refuse to buy this English text, which probably only had 100 or so pages, but costs $34.25...

BOO TO THE BOOKSTORE! BOO BOO BOO!!!!!!

Good night, guys. Back to my reseach assignment.

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Byebye!
  • Bad news
  • Back from Holidayz
  • Volleyball!
  • Go, Wincci!
  • Now for my next feed!
  • Luncheon for 30 last Sunday
  • Dumb movie reviews
  • Headaches Kill
  • Sex in cars
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com