Sunday, August 29, 2004

Back from Holidayz


At some park down town KL...I forgot the name! ARGH!



I was on a four-day-holiday at my sweetheart's place in Ipoh and a three-day holiday in Penang with my family. I am back, for now at least ... until Thursday when I would leave for Canada for another 8 months before I touch Malaysian soil again.

Well!

I did not expect to receive a holiday to my sweetheart's place from my parents. Since he had been travelling up and down every two weeks to see me, I thought I should pay him and his mother a visit this time around. I was surprised when mum agreed to it. I remembered every single outing that I asked before had a result of a plain-smacking "NO" from my parents.

Actually, my mum was the one who suggested me to go up to Ipoh. Oooh...how sweet life can be at times! :)

We took a bus up to Ipoh together. Although Ipoh is not a very exciting place to visit (except for the mouth-watering food), I was so excited that I could not sleep the night before the trip, hehe. Indeed, it was quite a boring town. There was not much to see except the well-known caves and temples. Nevertheless, I was still in love with the whole trip (mostly because I am in love with him akakakkaak).

So, he brought me around Ipoh. We went to visit some caves and the like. I spent most of the time with him and his mum. His mother is a very nice and hospitable person. There was once where I felt she did not quite like me but I was just being silly, really. I told him about it and he got mad...I was just worrying too much as usual :P He said if his mum does not like a person, she would be quiet the whole time and not talk to the person at all. Looks like I misjudged her! >_<

The first cave that I visited was Gua Kek Lok Tong. It was a pretty sight! It was not a very elaborate cave. More like a tunnel through the cave where there were several buddhist statues for prayers. Beyond the tunnel was a very beautiful garden. There was a very large lake of lotus flowers in the middle of the garden. Somehow, I could not spot one lotus flower among the lotus forest. Hehe. We took a short walk in the garden and headed back home.




I also had the opportunity to taste his mother's fine cooking. Boy, were they good! Although it was mostly vegetarian food, they were just as delicious mmmmm...I tasted all the good food in Ipoh as well. Thanks to my sweetheart who brought me to eat these delicacies! Yum yum!

The next day, he brought me to climb the Perak Cave. Now, this cave, had a really tiring climb to make. I have a fear of heights. Those steps leading all the way up to the top of the cave was a terror! They were small and narrow and so steep. I hate climbing up but I was shivering and my legs were wobbly as I climbed back down the steps. There were no pictures taken during this cave trip. I could not risk losing my camera...falling all the way down from top to bottom...

I felt so reluctant to leave when my parents came to pick me up. I stayed one night with my family at a hotel before leaving for Penang the next morning. That night, my dad decided to pay a visit to his friend in Ipoh. Here I took a lovely picture of a star tortoise at my dad's friend house. I tell you, that guy's house is probably the most beautiful, neatly-decorated "antique shop" ever! Seriously, it was full of antique items. The whole house. Every inch. Every corner. If he loses his job one day, he opts to open an antique shop with his already secured collection. I forgot to snap some photos of his house...





My sweetheart brought me and my family to visit Sam Poh Tong the morning before we left for Penang. It was not as nice as the Perak Cave. But I was happy to be there because of my family and my sweetheart's presence. I am glad that we all get along well together. My dad told me he likes my sweetheart a lot! It made me smile :)



I asked my sister to poke her head next to the little buddha statue for the camera


So, I left good-old Ipoh after that, and headed to Penang with my family. We stayed at the Mutiara Beach Resort, which was located right at the end of the stretch of hotels at the beach side. It was a very nice hotel indeed. Listed as one of the world's leading hotels, comfort was 100% guaranteed. We spent the first day there swimming. The next day we visited the Butterfly Farm. This butterfly heaven is the largest in South East Asia! And yes, it really was pretty! Still, I freaked out whenever a butterfly zoomed past my face. Silly me :P





the pretty swimming pool at the hotel


That wraps up about everything! I came back home and found one hamster missing. We all thought it was dead. I was really upset.

I was so happy and jumpy when I found it smelling my socks while I was sitting at my desk in front of my computer. Thank God it was alright! And, I was all smiles.




about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Volleyball!
  • Go, Wincci!
  • Now for my next feed!
  • Luncheon for 30 last Sunday
  • Dumb movie reviews
  • Headaches Kill
  • Sex in cars
  • My cute little garden
  • Flying Passion
  • Disturbing thoughts
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com