Friday, August 20, 2004

Volleyball!

Women's gymnastics. Swimming. Women's volleyball matches.

These are the three events that I will never fail to watch on tv :)
Live telecast or not, it does not matter. I find these three games most interesting to watch, especially the women's volleyball game. Wow, those tall, slim, sexy women hitting at it headstrong to win the medals...

Have you ever wished you were that champion girl competing at the Olympics?

Hehehe...silly as it may sound, I used to wish that - competing in the gymnastics event, earning that recognition, that gold medal, that smiles and tears of success. Muahahaha...of course, these are all just a dream. A dream that will never come true in this current life of mine :P

Anyway, I saw the women's preliminary volleybal match yesterday between China and Cuba.
I was surprise to see the Chinese's strength and skills. They were just as good as the Cubans, who were former champions in the past Olympic games. The match scores were really close. Both were exceptional teams. Still, the Cubans won the match. But I was puzzled when I saw the summary of the preliminary match - China still tops the list, first in rank. Weird. Maybe that match I saw was the last round to play before entering the semifinals. But, my friend told me they judge by scores not the winner of the game. So that could explain the scores.

The Cuban coach was a fierce man. He felt annoyed and tensed the whole time. But the Chinese coach, oddly, was constantly smiling and laughing. He maintened a cool demeanour throughout the whole match. One thing I laughed at - the amount of time-outs called by each coach. I realized each time the Chinese team took the lead, even if it was by one or point or they gained to a tie, the Cuban-old-man would sound the horn for a time-out session. Hahaha! It was really a funny sight. He did show some *ahem* kiasu symptoms :P Maybe it was the pressure coming on as it was a tough match and most likely they would want to keep their champion title.

Oh, but the Cubans were aggresive. The gals were shouting and screaming with spirit during the game. Every smack, every rebound, every slam, they scream!

I realized the Chinese can never be that aggresive. I guess that is their only weak point. The chinese have been good in games which require polished skills, take an example - table tennis. Probably there is nothing much I can describe about it. It is only my observation and probably a few others who have the same perception.

Well, well...

I think age is finally catching up on me. Or maybe it is just the fact that I have not been skating for more than 2 years? Haha, I actually lost touch in ice skating. Blah.

And I actually boasted about knowing how to skate to my boyfriend -_-'

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Go, Wincci!
  • Now for my next feed!
  • Luncheon for 30 last Sunday
  • Dumb movie reviews
  • Headaches Kill
  • Sex in cars
  • My cute little garden
  • Flying Passion
  • Disturbing thoughts
  • Swimming without rules
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com