Friday, September 24, 2004

Hitting the stress levels again

I did not have much time to blog. As always, my workload is sitting on my table, waiting to suck out any possible trace of energy in my mind. Sometimes, I really wished I was in the Arts (because the workload is so much lesser...) But, I cannot be so selfish. This course requires lots of constant hardwork. So, again, I am forced to sit down and bury my head in those books.

Currently, I have a three-hour break before I head off to my math lab. I am going to have a quiz today. We do not need to prepare for it because we will be tested on the materials taught in that lab itself. So, I do not really bother. One quiz probably worths like 1.5% of the course mark. I have to hand in the second thermodynamics assignment by 4pm. Oh damn. I have to walk all the way to chemical engineering building to hand it in ... and then, head back to CAB for my math lab ...

Look at me. I do not need to do any exercise. My daily walks from one class to the other compensates it all.

It is funny how we just want to be lazy when there are so many things to do in a short amount of time. And when there is nothing to do, we wish we were back at school or busy doing something productive. I remember feeling so school-deprived when I was back in Malaysia for four months. It is probably one of those cycles in life. Certainly not a very nice existing one, but acceptable at the very least. Now, I am feeling so lazy.

But I feel much happier now than before. I used to be so lonely and depressed last year because I did not have that many friends. And the people at Lister residence were snobs and drunkards. Apparently, they regarded me as a recluse. Low-brainers...I have more work to do than them. All they do is sit in front of the idiot box each time they got home from school while I headed straight to my room and started on the next assignments for the week. But, I do not care anymore. I have left that place and I will not choose to go back there even if I have to find somewhere else to stay. I like it here in HUB mall. My roommates are nice people. I am closer to Jolene, a 21-year-old girl from Grand Praire (about 3 hours North of Grand Praire, actually), and Grace, a sweet and pretty Korean girl.

She thought my birthday was two days ago. Really funny. I was looking at my computer and did not notice she was standing shyly outside my room door. So, when I turned around I realized she was, well, I did not know what she was doing but basically she was being really shy...

She pointed to something on my pile of books on the desk and to my surprise, it was a birthday present! Just as I was about to say thanks, she ran back into her room (which was just next to my room) and I was running after her (because I did not know why she was acting so silly :P - the both of us were silly haha). Then, I thanked her and gave her a hug. I did not say anything about her getting my birthdate wrong. But she asked why did I not have a party or celebrated with my friends. So, I had to say that my birthday is actually next week...

Haha. She was so shocked. She could not say anything but "I am so stupid." She kept saying over and over again while hitting her forehead with her hands! Aiii... she is so silly...but it was a cute scenario ^^ She gave me a pair of lovely earrings :)

I guess I am not going to do much for my birthday. Anyway, it is not a big deal. Not like I am turning 21 or something :P Mum and dad said before that I have to do a big celebration for my 21st birthday ^^ Haha...but well...will I be back in Malaysia during that time?

Ohhhh....I forgot to blog about my trip to Strathcona County's Tour! Well, it was a trip organized by the rural department of agricultural studies in university. It was $20 but yeah, it was worth it because we had lots of fun! The trip consisted of mostly families. There were lots of children and babies, and I have a feeling that their parents were still studying in the U of A (probably in the agricultural science faculty?). The five of us were the only young adults there!

We went to five farms, each of them had their own specialization. The first one was a little boring because it was only featuring the aboriginal history and their artifacts. The second farm that we went to was the bison farm. There we got to see old mustang cars! It was like...huge! And, we saw a really antique ambulance, hehe! Those cars were apparently the owner's collection over the years. After that, we went on to see Bailey the bison. We can pat him, and take pictures with him! He even has his own passport :P He is one bison that none can slaughter or put him in the freezer. In a nutshell, he is like a pet farm animal ^^







Then, we went to Keno's Ranch where we saw lots of beautiful horses and small pet animals like rabbits, and dogs. Patting a horse is dangerous. I had this fear of going near them because they were just so huge and strong! I felt like I would have been trampled by them if I touched them. We were not allowed to touch the fowls beause their mothers were very protective as it was their first time having an offspring.

The last visit was to the llama farm. This was really fun! As a group, we took lots of silly pictures, but they are not with me because my camera went out of battery then. I will get those crazy group photos that we took from her and post them up ^^
The llamas were soooo cute! Just look at them! LIke they had some kind of cool haircut, hehe! We also had marshmallows after that ...yummy!







That's it for now! I should get back to my last problem of my assignment and rest a bit. It is going to be a long day for me....I also have psychology class this evening!!! ARGH!

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Another Friday
  • Why the stress?
  • Back to school
  • Byebye!
  • Bad news
  • Back from Holidayz
  • Volleyball!
  • Go, Wincci!
  • Now for my next feed!
  • Luncheon for 30 last Sunday
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com