Friday, September 17, 2004

Why the stress?

Finally, I am done.

No more classes. And the weekend is here!

I went to hand in my assignments a few minutes ago. After that, I decided to surf the internet for a bit (since I STILL do not have internet acccess) at the engineering computer lab. I realized I posted a very awkward entry two hours ago. I am thinking it was the atmosphere in the computer lab at the library that made me do so. I felt weird typing around so many strangers. The fact that there were people waiting for a computer made me feel bad because I was using the computer for blogging purposes only :P For all I know, they might need it more than I do, for example, to submit their last registrations online or whatever the university wants from us students.

Anyway, as usual, I was browsing through some blogs and I came across two blogs which I would like to comment on. Now, each had an offensive post. They were sentences and expressions, criticizing girls' behaviour as a whole. I am not here today to "become" a feminist although I do indeed, support the basis of feminist roles in society. I would want to think it was just an isolated case that they both could have experienced, but apparently, the second blog that I read really did pissed me off.

Now, for what reasons do we start judging people by their appearances?

I know of a girl who used to express her "surprise" when a fat lady walked past us. Even if it was an obese guy, she had to say these words, "Who will marry this guy, man! hou fei arr (very fat ar)!"

I hate it. Seriously.

Basically, the realiziation that we are in much better shape or size than the other person across the hall, leads us to pick on him/her to criticize and laugh at. Sadly, it is only a one-way street for this occurence. The overly-sized will be the oppressed ones. And the thin, slim, sweet, big-busts, firm buttocks, pretty face, handsome eyes, beautiful skin type of people will be the most likeable, the most seeked after and well, what else can I say...quoted by this blog..."Guys don't want you if you're ugly. The sad fact of life."

Call yourself a wise gentleman and I will slap you in the face.

I do not want to waste my time on these immature criticism. It is not even something to argue about because, like we all are, humans at the very least, we tend to judge every book by its cover. But, to some extend, as civilised humans, we SHOULD not be doing all these, right?

There is always two sides to a coin. But, think about it. If you were to argue about girls being stupid and obsessed about make-up and all the other girly accessories that we spend so much for, we girls can turn it around as well and ask why do guys spend on their computer games, and computer stuff, and the so-called "guys' stuff"? I felt that these two blogs have portrayed what we call a bias outlook towards the two superior sex in this world.

Why are we girls into make-up and clothes and girly stuff that we are willing to spend money on? Well, ask the whoever that created females to exist in this world. Also, ask yourself how society changes through the decades. Ask yourself why do you as a guy spend money on stuff that you deem more worth a buy, something which the girl would most likely disagree with you on.

But in the end, everything falls to its place. We are who we are. Accept that fact. Feminism is not about equality in terms of "oh-can-you-help-me-fix-the-tyre-because-you-are-a-guy?" Again, this misconception dealt too much with our daily lives. Feminism was brought into the picture because we women were being ridiculed in the sense that we were exploited for sex, we were nothing more than baby-making machines and probably a punching bag as well for husbands to release their frustrations from work. So, where did we stand in this world? We were basically being stepped on every day!

And equality has come a long way since the women realized they needed start the protest. It was a platform where we could let the other sex learn how to live in equal standards with the women. It is where women can finally go to school, work and learn the things that only men used to learn. It is not about getting the same power. It is not about burning bras and stripping off the image of a women because we are simply still oppressed by society. This is the basis of feminism. So don't give some lame reason like fixing a tyre and equate it to a woman's capability.

There are strong women, there are weak men. Generally, women are still, in terms of strength and reasoning capabilites, not on par with men. That is why we do depend on the guys to fix things. Or even to figure how to set up the hi-fi set and connect it to the television. And we girls take care of the cleaning, cooking and other responsibilities that were embedded within us as we were born into this world as girls/ladies/women. So, why the prejudice against girls who cannot fix the tyres themselves?

Yes, there are girls, who pretend to be weak, or who do not like to get dirty or simply, just do not want to do the job and expect the guys to do all of them. Like I said, no girl/boy is perfect. But, must we criticize it to that extend? Must we make such a big deal out of it? Is anyone else complaining, for god's sake, besides these two blogs that I read? We girls do cross the line. Just as well as guys. So, it is all relative. Go study Einstein's relativity law and just apply it to our lives, okay. It is not that hard. (Just don't read the equations)

Back to the my previous question on appearances. Think about this. Just view fashion as the weather. It changes. IT changes from time to time. And did you know years and years ago, fat people were the trend-setters? No, right. I bet you guys, don't. Come on, face it that we girls are fascinated by the wonders of make-up. Face it, guys, that we do want to look our best. I mean, don't you too sometimes?

There are girls who go to extremes. But that is not the whole point. These two blogs generalized the whole idea that we girls are dumb, empty-minded bimbos, who only know how to spend money on clothes and make-up just to look nice.

So, please be fair in your judgement about people. Be careful of who you want to talk and do not just generalize because of something about girls that you see all the time. It is just the surface. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Big boobs is not necessarily beautiful if you are introducing beauty as a whole.

Be funny if you want to, but do not cross the line.

--Chauvinistic--

about me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Home: KL, Malaysia
School: U of A

I am someone who frets a lot - I call it a psychological disorder. I am constantly trying to escape my complex mind which, very often, drives me and my close companions to the edge of insanity. Born under the sun star Libra, I am greatly affected by a disease called "indecisiveness". Nicknames were never part of my dictionary until I met some people who decided to name me "turtle". Soon, I was representing a zoo of hamsters, "sotongs", pigs, cats, etc...

chat

previous

  • Back to school
  • Byebye!
  • Bad news
  • Back from Holidayz
  • Volleyball!
  • Go, Wincci!
  • Now for my next feed!
  • Luncheon for 30 last Sunday
  • Dumb movie reviews
  • Headaches Kill
  • archives

  • October 2003

  • November 2003

  • December 2003

  • January 2004

  • February 2004

  • March 2004

  • April 2004

  • May 2004

  • June 2004

  • July 2004

  • August 2004

  • September 2004

  • October 2004

  • November 2004

  • December 2004

  • January 2005

  • February 2005

  • March 2005

  • April 2005

  • May 2005

  • June 2005

  • July 2005

  • August 2005

  • September 2005

  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • personal

    Dedications
    My Fotopage



    Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
    Project Petaling Street Photobucket eXTReMe Tracker

    Nice Photoblogs

    [ lifethrumylens.com ]

    I read

    [ ::mum-mum::eat-eat:: ]
    [ Patricia ]
    [ Elizabeth ]
    [ Liz ]
    [ Li Shun ]
    [ Markuz ]
    [ Michelle ]
    [ Dr.Liew ]
    [ Simplymel ]
    [ Jacey ]
    [ Viewtru ]
    [ Afi ]
    [ KweiLi ]
    [ Brand New Malaysian ]
    [ MrKiasu ]
    [ LeoKoo ]
    [ AMS'Blog ]
    [ Stephanie ]
    [ Shadow ]
    [ Chiak Lung ]
    [ Maverick ]
    [ Lyn-theQ ]
    [ Thomas ]
    [ Lynette ]
    [ Gareth ]

    design

    title : w4rnawarni: (pink) bikini girl (Adfree) by w4rnawarni @ blogskins

    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com